Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Comedy central WTF??? Edit with joke

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM
  • 9 Replies
Just caught a glimpse of a "comedian" at comedy central poking fun at the Newtown shooting! Comparing the shooter to the one that massacred all those young people in Norway, and I am honestly sick to my stomach! Even though his words were very offensive to me, what was worse were the people in the audience laughing! I just wonder why anyone actually laughed! So to make this a debate, do you think poking fun at a tragedy like the Newtown shooting is acceptable at this time? Do you feel like it will ever be acceptable? Would you have walked out if you would have been at this guys performance?

I tried to google what he said exactly but it was about how Adam Lanza wanted to kill as many as Andres Breivik but only managed to kill 26 children "77 VS 26 what a massacre" was the last line I listened to before I turned off the TV. This guy is smirking while saying this joke.
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Lunarprancer
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:20 AM

Well, what did he say? 

Kimsd
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:22 AM
This.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Well, what did he say? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Subway
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:10 AM
2 moms liked this

What did he say?  But I do know what you mean, those audiences laugh at everything.  A lot of the stuff isn't even funny, no effort was put into them at all. Gone are the really good comedians.  At least we still have Louis CK and Steven Colbert....oh and Lewis Black, love those guys.  I can't deal with any jokes about Sandy Hook or child abuse.  Guess I'm not "open-minded" enough.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I agree.  I love Louis CK, so funny...

Quoting Mrs.Subway:

What did he say?  But I do know what you mean, those audiences laugh at everything.  A lot of the stuff isn't even funny, no effort was put into them at all. Gone are the really good comedians.  At least we still have Louie CK and Steven Colbert....oh and Lewis Black, love those guys.  I can't deal with any jokes about Sandy Hook or child abuse.  Guess I'm not "open-minded" enough.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:05 AM

What was actually said?

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:06 AM

I would have to know what was said before I could form any real opinion.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Who was the comedian?

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Was is Anthony Jeselnik? If so, that is his whole bit. He tells jokes and goes places no one else will.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM
No. I don't think it's acceptable.... He has the freedom to say whatever he will, but I think it was a bad choice of the network to air it.

I was at a comedy show one night, and the guy started talking about having kids and how he just doesn't want to end up with one of those little freaks in helmets on the short bus.... (Much like my amazing son). I walked out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN