Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fat Housewives!

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 54 Replies

Fox had a report last night on O' Reilly about women gaining weight. A study out of SC says women are getting bigger because we are doing less housework than we used to. Did anyone see it and what did you think?

shrugging

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Debmomto2girls
by Debbie on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:51 AM
4 moms liked this
No, it's because we supersize everything and shop like its our last meal
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
There's a post somewhere on CM about this. While somewhat silly, it was a bit more complex than just not doing housework (the study, I don't know what was on O'Reilly). One thing I do remember is thatvacuums aren't as heavy as they used to be so you don't need as much energy to push them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:02 AM
2 moms liked this

Too much food ( think about how huge the portions are in restaurants now and how many people go out to eat too often now) and too little exercise .

If housework is actually done , LOL, it IS good exercise.

Mrs.Subway
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this

God, I wish I could shop like that again.... :( lol

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

No, it's because we supersize everything and shop like its our last meal

Medusa686
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this

It could be true.  I'm a clean freak and so is my girlfriend but I also have one friend who is grossly overweight and does not clean her house at all. Mail stacked up to the ceiling, dust and dead ants in the bathroom.  Cleaning is great exercise and I do it on Sundays after the gym, I get more exercise in and I already stink and dirty.

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I guess the missed this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2250450/Obesity-caused-gut-bacteria-eating.html

Obesity may be caused by a certain kind of bacteria rather than eating too much or exercising too little, researchers claim. 

However, the less exercise we get the more unhappy we can be and the more we have health issues.

AMBG825
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM

That's not really what the study said.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:57 AM
4 moms liked this

I think our society is fat because we eat poorly. It has nothing to do with housework.

4music
by Bronze Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:58 AM

What a crock! Sounds like propeganda to get women back into "their place."  I live amongst the Amish - they do house and farm work yet many of them are still ginormous.

shortcakes13
by New Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:59 AM
I am sure that does contribute but that is definitely not the cause... it is way more complex than that...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured