Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Don't Shoot The Messenger...Part II

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  • 91 Replies
When you open, and read a post that is obviously just a cut and paste news article, with no personal commentary from the poster attached, if you don't like or agree with the article, but yet have not research the facts for yourself, do find yourself attacking the OP for cutting and pasting? Or do you focus on the content of the post itself?
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:11 AM
Replies (1-10):
punky3175
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:20 AM
6 moms liked this
What happened to part 1 with all the replies to this exact question?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:22 AM
It became too popular for comfort lol!! It's not exactly the same, see in the first post, I had mentioned it was a spin off, even though it was not about a member, but rather a subject, I guess that's a no-no.
Quoting punky3175:

krysstizzle
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Good grief. 

punky3175
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM
So you deleted it or admins deleted it?

Quoting KamWorthy:

It became too popular for comfort lol!! It's not exactly the same, see in the first post, I had mentioned it was a spin off, even though it was not about a member, but rather a subject, I guess that's a no-no.

Quoting punky3175:

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:34 AM
I received an email from the powers that be.
Quoting punky3175:

So you deleted it or admins deleted it?

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting punky3175:

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM
When you open, and read a post that is obviously just a cut and paste news article, with no personal commentary from the poster attached, if you don't like or agree with the article, but yet have not research the facts for yourself, do find yourself attacking the OP for cutting and pasting? Or do you focus on the content of the post itself?
viv212
by Gold Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:38 AM
4 moms liked this
Well to answer your question, I am lazy. I wait till the other ladies do the investigating. :)
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Is there a ? attached to the cut and paste?

In order for me to respond, the OP must supply some input- otherwise I might open and just move on without commenting. I have no problem with cut and paste if the intent is stimulate dialogue in one way or another-it would seem the OP would have to supply some engaging or stimulating POV in order for that to happen.

As I said in the now deleted post, I do expect the OP to at least read the stuff  before they cut and paste it.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:41 AM
Lol..ok...if others start attacking the OP for the content of the article, do you join in as well?
Quoting viv212:

Well to answer your question, I am lazy. I wait till the other ladies do the investigating. :)
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:42 AM
That's fair I guess...do you apply this criteria to ALL POV?
Quoting Sisteract:

Is there a ? attached to the cut and paste?

In order for me to respond, the OP must supply some input- otherwise I might open and just move on without commenting. I have no problem with cut and paste if the intent is stimulate dialogue in one way or another-it would seem the OP would have to supply some engaging or stimulating POV in order for that to happen.

As I said in the now deleted post, I do expect the OP to at least read the stuff  before they cut and paste it.

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)