Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

What is your solution to the economical issues our country is facing?

Posted by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
  • 130 Replies

There are many people here that are critics of what is happening and what is proposed.  What would your proposal be? Is it feasible?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
D.O.E.
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:21 PM
3 moms liked this

possibly. but whats the point? we are all just a bunch of mom and housewives and we bitch and moan and shake our fists and nothing ever happens as a result.

this needs to be discussed in churches and town halls on a larger scale and amongst the community.

enough bitching online. it gets you no where.

survivorinohio
by René on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:27 PM

Quoting D.O.E.:

possibly. but whats the point? we are all just a bunch of mom and housewives and we bitch and moan and shake our fists and nothing ever happens as a result.

this needs to be discussed in churches and town halls on a larger scale and amongst the community.

ok ok, way to kill a post yo!  lol

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

D.O.E.
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this

im sorry i am just frustrated. someone needs to burn the whitehouse down or something already, enough talk! the citizens are no worse than the politicians at this point its just blah blah blah

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting D.O.E.:

ok ok, way to kill a post yo!  lol

lga1965
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Raise taxes and cut defense spending ( no more funding of unnecessary wars)and freeze salaries of congress, all Washington politicians.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:43 PM
3 moms liked this

I disagree with raising taxes, but I would support defense spending cuts for unnecessary wars.

Quoting lga1965:

Raise taxes and cut defense spending ( no more funding of unnecessary wars)and freeze salaries of congress, all Washington politicians.

Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:51 PM
5 moms liked this
In many ways, our society has divided from a "which road do we take to get to where we want to go," to a "I don't want to go there, no matter what road we take"

Still, this country can't continue with trillion dollars deficits year after year ... We as a country must decide how much government we want and what we are willing to pay for such government ... We either raise taxes on everybody or cut services for everybody or a combination of both. But, there is no way we can continue what we are doing now, it is unfair to the children of this country.

Basically, all our politicians need to grow up or I'm sure a Constitutional Convention will be called and then the real hell will begin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I think the politicians should not be paid so much. I think they can afford to take a large cut. And I don't think their pensions should be so high. They should have the same health care options that everyone else gets. Instead of cutting hours and pay for 'lower' government workers, the higher ups could take a cut. I remember when my son worked for a new and growing company (computer stuff) in MA...when times got tough, they did let go the dead-weights, but all the big-wigs took pay cuts so the real workers didn't have to or get laid off. This same idea should be in place for all the government workers right now.

I'm not sure cutting defense is a good thing. There are so many things that are necessary for the military, etc.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 2, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Good question.

justme00
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM
2 moms liked this
At this point Obama is killing this country and is doing a good job at. We are all scrwed and he is going to screw us even more. I don't think much can be done about it his goal has always been to kill our country and lay blame anywhere he can.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
D.O.E.
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 5:02 PM
4 moms liked this

what NEEDS to be done is job creation and fair living wages for a START. 

how would we magically create jobs? you ask; well how much shit do we buy everyday that is made in china? huh? how many things are "american made" in chinese factories? (or elsewhere)

they can start by saying "if you want to sell it here, it needs to be made here" give people 1 year to have 95% of their product made in america, 5% of product can be parts made elsewhere, but any more than that will face heavy importing fees. 

~viola~ you have something which is at the root of many problems ~ JOBS~ 

thats just for a start. pensions for retired politicians? should be as much as any other old person is forced to live on, not hundreds of thousands a year. 

no politician should make more than the average middle class family in his constituency. lest they forget where they come from and who they are representing.

there are so many ways to save the countries economy, but do they really WANT to?  somehow it doesnt seem like they do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN