Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Thoughts on this quote about Danica Patrick and GoDaddy....

Posted by   + Show Post
"Don't scream you want to be treated with equality, all the while selling your feminine sexuality and using it for fame and fortune, and special treatment" (regarding Danica Patrick, and GoDaddy capitalizing off of her)....thoughts?
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:14 AM
She's a female racecar driver, young, attractive, sexy...and works for godaddy, a well known sexist site that exploits women's sexuality for profit.
Quoting Euphoric:

Is it sad that I don't know who she is?

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Ok, that sounds a little familiar.

Quoting KamWorthy:

She's a female racecar driver, young, attractive, sexy...and works for godaddy, a well known sexist site that exploits women's sexuality for profit.
Quoting Euphoric:

Is it sad that I don't know who she is?

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:16 AM
No she just blames the car or the mechanics or her crew when she races badly...

Quoting Denisethedaring:

Danica Patrick is hardly a model of feminist rectitude, but does she really ask for any special treatment while racing?  If not, her annoying self-sexy hype is probably irrelevant to her racing skills...I simply don't know enough about her to say either way.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:18 AM
Now that you mention it, she seldom takes any personal responsability.
Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

No she just blames the car or the mechanics or her crew when she races badly...

Quoting Denisethedaring:

Danica Patrick is hardly a model of feminist rectitude, but does she really ask for any special treatment while racing?  If not, her annoying self-sexy hype is probably irrelevant to her racing skills...I simply don't know enough about her to say either way.

ashellbell
by shellbark on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
I wasn't aware of her asking for special treatment. As to using her sexuality/looks tho get ahead? Why not? If it works for her, sweet. She shouldn't ask for special treatment though, pretty people can get that without asking.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Apparently , you see nothing wrong with women who sleep their way to the top.  Not saying Danica is one of them.  But, according to your statement, there is nothing wrong with women using their bodies to get where they want to be.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

My thoughts are;

Why not? I don't see anything wrong with it. Why can't we work EVERYTHING we have. Just because she is a beautiful woman she is supposed to hide that?

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:19 AM
1 mom liked this
She is very arrogant. When she races badly its never "I had a bad day" she immediately blames the car or the mechanics or her crew... It's never her fault.

She ignores her fans at races. When other drivers go out to sign autographs and meet their fans she is well known for ignoring her fans completely and she's even pushed past them instead of just saying a quick hello.

She's also very snotty when it comes to discussing the fact that she's a "woman in a man's sport". Just a spoiled brat in my opinion.

Quoting jllcali:

Why do you say she is a horrible person? I don't know anything about other than she's a nascar driver

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Eh

GoDaddy has nasty commericals.

Danica Patrick is a horrible person.

I guess they are made for one another.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:21 AM
The quote doesn't say she's asking for special treatment.
Quoting ashellbell:

I wasn't aware of her asking for special treatment. As to using her sexuality/looks tho get ahead? Why not? If it works for her, sweet. She shouldn't ask for special treatment though, pretty people can get that without asking.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:22 AM
She's a good driver and I've never heard any complaints of her wanting special treatment as a driver. I've heard her say she's a driver, not a female driver when interviewed by reporters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
By the way just google complaints about her additude... I'm sure you'll find plenty. They fact that she's a bitch isn't hidden.

She's had pilots quit on her private planes because she is so rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN