Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thoughts on this quote about Danica Patrick and GoDaddy....

Posted by   + Show Post
"Don't scream you want to be treated with equality, all the while selling your feminine sexuality and using it for fame and fortune, and special treatment" (regarding Danica Patrick, and GoDaddy capitalizing off of her)....thoughts?
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Replies (21-30):
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:23 AM
In your opinion, is it wrong that a woman requests equality in a sport known only to men, while using her gender to further her career?
Quoting specialwingz:

Apparently , you see nothing wrong with women who sleep their way to the top.  Not saying Danica is one of them.  But, according to your statement, there is nothing wrong with women using their bodies to get where they want to be.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

My thoughts are;

Why not? I don't see anything wrong with it. Why can't we work EVERYTHING we have. Just because she is a beautiful woman she is supposed to hide that?

Billiejeens
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Okay, that's nonsense.

Quoting KamWorthy:

She's a female racecar driver, young, attractive, sexy...and works for godaddy, a well known sexist site that exploits women's sexuality for profit.
Quoting Euphoric:

Is it sad that I don't know who she is?

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:25 AM

I am not a fan of Go Daddy and I do think Danica could do better but they are her primary sponsor.

She isn't stupid and realizes she needs a sponsor with the money to back her. 

specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM

If you are talking to me...no, I don't think it's right at all.  Hopefully, you were tlaking to the person I quoted.  I was pretty sure I was clear in my stance on the matter.

Quoting KamWorthy:

In your opinion, is it right that a woman requests equality in a sport known only to men, while using her gender to further her career?
Quoting specialwingz:

Apparently , you see nothing wrong with women who sleep their way to the top.  Not saying Danica is one of them.  But, according to your statement, there is nothing wrong with women using their bodies to get where they want to be.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

My thoughts are;

Why not? I don't see anything wrong with it. Why can't we work EVERYTHING we have. Just because she is a beautiful woman she is supposed to hide that?

Billiejeens
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM
2 moms liked this

How is it any different from Carl Edwards showing how fit he is supposedly from eating at subway?

Quoting KamWorthy:

In your opinion, is it wrong that a woman requests equality in a sport known only to men, while using her gender to further her career?
Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

My thoughts are;

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Quoting Billiejeens:

Okay, that's nonsense.

Quoting KamWorthy:

She's a female racecar driver, young, attractive, sexy...and works for godaddy, a well known sexist site that exploits women's sexuality for profit.
Quoting Euphoric:

Is it sad that I don't know who she is?

For once, I tend to agree with you.

Go Daddy does go off of the sexuality of females, that is the point.  lol

However, Danica does not go nearly as far as some other females who are associated with Go Daddy.

Also, saying she works for them, is partly correct, but it is obvious the OP hasn't a clue how it works in the Nascar world with sponsors.   

jllcali
by LoyalAndCute on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM
Ah, I see. She does sound horrible.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

She is very arrogant. When she races badly its never "I had a bad day" she immediately blames the car or the mechanics or her crew... It's never her fault.

She ignores her fans at races. When other drivers go out to sign autographs and meet their fans she is well known for ignoring her fans completely and she's even pushed past them instead of just saying a quick hello.

She's also very snotty when it comes to discussing the fact that she's a "woman in a man's sport". Just a spoiled brat in my opinion.

Quoting jllcali:

Why do you say she is a horrible person? I don't know anything about other than she's a nascar driver

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Eh

GoDaddy has nasty commericals.

Danica Patrick is a horrible person.

I guess they are made for one another.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Billiejeens:

How is it any different from Carl Edwards showing how fit he is supposedly from eating at subway?

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting specialwingz:

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

My thoughts are;

Or Carl Edwards and Muscle magazine.  They are one of his sponsors as well and boy oh boy, has he been on the cover showing off what he has.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM
According to the article, she's not asking or outwardly wanting special treatment, yet she does very little to downplay the special treatment that is bestowed upon her, especially in the media. The fact is, she is not a great driver under extreme pressure. Yet, the media covers her as if she is at the very top of her game, why?
Quoting coolmommy2x:

She's a good driver and I've never heard any complaints of her wanting special treatment as a driver. I've heard her say she's a driver, not a female driver when interviewed by reporters.
specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Do you even watch NASCAR???

Quoting coolmommy2x:

She's a good driver and I've never heard any complaints of her wanting special treatment as a driver. I've heard her say she's a driver, not a female driver when interviewed by reporters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured