Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Thoughts on this quote about Danica Patrick and GoDaddy....

Posted by   + Show Post
"Don't scream you want to be treated with equality, all the while selling your feminine sexuality and using it for fame and fortune, and special treatment" (regarding Danica Patrick, and GoDaddy capitalizing off of her)....thoughts?
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Replies (41-50):
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I'm going to kindly request that you not infect this post as you did in my other two. You have a tendency to shoot the messenger and negate the message. For once, try to just focus on the content and not the fact that you have a personal vendetta against the OP. Danica receives money from GoDaddy, she works for them, period
Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting Billiejeens:

Okay, that's nonsense.

Quoting KamWorthy:

She's a female racecar driver, young, attractive, sexy...and works for godaddy, a well known sexist site that exploits women's sexuality for profit.
Quoting Euphoric:

Is it sad that I don't know who she is?

For once, I tend to agree with you.

Go Daddy does go off of the sexuality of females, that is the point.  lol

However, Danica does not go nearly as far as some other females who are associated with Go Daddy.

Also, saying she works for them, is partly correct, but it is obvious the OP hasn't a clue how it works in the Nascar world with sponsors.   

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Danica is indeed a bitch.  She has to be.  I don't find it appealing when she fails to take personal responsibility more often, as she should.  

But hell, lets see any one of us try to break in to that man's club and see what we are met with.  That is, unless you are Sprint girl.  lol

I like Danica, a lot.

Can't even imagine the doors that she has had to kick in.

Few years ago we were at Indy Qualifying when she did very poorly and during the inteview, I think all the frustration came out and she said "it's not my fault" the crowd had one collective groan and I just hung my head, she repaired it some later, but that was not good.

Zadidoll
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting KamWorthy:

"Don't scream you want to be treated with equality, all the while selling your feminine sexuality and using it for fame and fortune, and special treatment" (regarding Danica Patrick, and GoDaddy capitalizing off of her)....thoughts?

Personally I can't stand Danica Patrick because she whines all the time when she crashes and throws hissy fits all the time. It seems as if she blames everyone for her crashes. Seems like she's always crashing more than racing. Has she ever finished a NASCAR race much less won one? She's won one IndyCar.

• NASCAR Sprint Cup Series career - zero wins
  • NASCAR Nationwide Series career - zero wins
  • IndyCar Series career - one win

She began racing in 2002 and here it is 11 years later and she's only had one win. She's more famous for being a Godaddy model than anything else because she DOES use the fact she's the only female in racing. If a better female driver came along - who was as pretty or prettier than her - it would be "Danica who?"

specialwingz
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I even stated I was saying Danica did this.  Nor did I say EVERY successful woman does.  But, don't play ignorant.  We ALL know they are out there and even probably know several throughout our lifetime.  And, yes, it's EXACTLY wht you were implying.  Do you not read what you type?

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

Yeah. Well. That's not what I was implying. Obviously.
If she wants to be famous. And she is able to "make it" then why not. It's just a career.
No one said she slept her way to the top. How come when a woman looks good and is successful people automatically assume they didn't actually work for it.

Quoting specialwingz:

Apparently , you see nothing wrong with women who sleep their way to the top.  Not saying Danica is one of them.  But, according to your statement, there is nothing wrong with women using their bodies to get where they want to be.

Quoting EmilysMom2010:

My thoughts are;

Why not? I don't see anything wrong with it. Why can't we work EVERYTHING we have. Just because she is a beautiful woman she is supposed to hide that?

stringtheory
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Hopefully the pilots land the plane first! Lol, I just pictured them parachuting away mid-flight...

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

By the way just google complaints about her additude... I'm sure you'll find plenty. They fact that she's a bitch isn't hidden.

She's had pilots quit on her private planes because she is so rude.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Do you think it's right for someone to request to be treated just like a man and at the same time accept special treatment for just being female?
Quoting ashellbell:

Ah, skimmed over it. Using her sexuality for special treatment. I can't hate on that., if someone is willing to give her special treatment because of the way she looks, I say use it all she wants!

Quoting KamWorthy:

The quote doesn't say she's asking for special treatment.

Quoting ashellbell:

I wasn't aware of her asking for special treatment. As to using her sexuality/looks tho get ahead? Why not? If it works for her, sweet. She shouldn't ask for special treatment though, pretty people can get that without asking.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:38 AM
HAHAHA! That's a scary thought! LOL!!!

Quoting stringtheory:

Hopefully the pilots land the plane first! Lol, I just pictured them parachuting away mid-flight...

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

By the way just google complaints about her additude... I'm sure you'll find plenty. They fact that she's a bitch isn't hidden.

She's had pilots quit on her private planes because she is so rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cammibear
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this
No idea who she is, but

If they are talking about driving skills, the looks, popularity, don't matter in the end. The only thing that matters is who crosses the finish line first.

If they are talking about females are equal to males, then that's an ignorant statement and not true. We are much better than that! Girl Power! ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:39 AM
I used to all the time, now not so much. I just said I hadn't heard complaints (from drivers particularly). If I am wrong than I stand corrected.

Quoting specialwingz:

Do you even watch NASCAR???

Quoting coolmommy2x:

She's a good driver and I've never heard any complaints of her wanting special treatment as a driver. I've heard her say she's a driver, not a female driver when interviewed by reporters.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Raintree
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I feel like I'm in a Miss Julia novel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN