Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Romney: I Lost Because Minorities Love Obamacare

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM
  • 173 Replies

Romney: I Lost Because Minorities Love Obamacare

Earlier today, Fox News Sunday broadcast former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney first post-campaign interview. In it, he blamed his loss on his poor performance among minorities, who he claimed were seduced by the President’s promise to provide them with affordable health care:

ROMNEY: We did very well with the majority population, but not with minority populations, and that was a failing, that was a real mistake.

CHRIS WALLACE: Why do you think that was?

ROMNEY: Well, I think the Obamacare attractiveness and feature was something we underestimated, particularly among lower incomes. And, uh, just didn’t do as good a job in connecting with that audience as we should have.

During the course of the interview, Romney agreed with Wallace that his “47 percent” comment — his claim that 47 percent of the country will vote for Obama because they are“dependent upon government” and “believe that they are victims” — hurt his campaign by leaving the impression that he did not like many voters. Nevertheless, this explanation of his loss is reminiscent of the explanation he gave his donors for his defeat shortly after the election — Obama won because of “the gifts” he gave to African-Americans, Latinos and young voters.

Ultimately, if Republicans want to appeal voters who turned their backs on the GOP last November, maybe Republicans should consider doing something that will actually make those voters’ lives better instead of working to slash MedicareMedicaid, and education in order to pay for tax cuts for the very rich.

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 4, 2013 at 11:58 AM
13 moms liked this

Sour Grapes.

MR lost because he people did not believe what he was saying, and he did not present an economically viable plan-

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM
3 moms liked this
After John McCain lost, the Republicans said they needed to focus on minorities more. Now Romney lost and they're saying the same thing. When they truly embrace minorities and recognize that not every citizen is a white male, they will win elections. It seems simple.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:06 PM
6 moms liked this

I don't blame him for saying that.

I don't think anyone would say, "It was most likely because I kept omitting the details of my plans". Or, "I would base huge parts of my campaign on lies". Or, "I kept flip flopping on issues and there was no way to know if I was a moderate Republican or ultra conservative Republican". Or, "I kept promising things with taxes but would refuse to give details and just say, 'it will work', etc".

Hopefully next year the Republicans send someone more prepared for the job. With both sides pushing for Austerity measures in our country-Chances are we are going to need a great leader for our next president.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

parentalrights1
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:15 PM
4 moms liked this
Poor rich white dude
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
meriana
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:34 PM
4 moms liked this

I had to laugh when his wife said the loss was also because the media kept people from seeing/knowing what Mitt is really like.  NO, many many people saw Mitt for exactly who he ism politically speaking. The fact they don't earn a few million or billion dollars a year does not make them stupid. He again tried to downplay the 47% comments almost as if the thing was completely misunderstood. Sorry Mitt, most people do realize that when one is speaking in what they believe to be a very private place and very private conversation, that is when they will speak their true mind about things.

Anyone else find it interesting that Mitt was pretty much shell-shocked by his loss, went into what amounts to "hiding" for months (thank goodness actually), during which time his son makes a statment that Mitt really didn't want the Presidency in the first place, etc. and now here's Mitt saying he really did want it and wishes he was there in the White House to "fix" everything.
PinkButterfly66
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:40 PM
6 moms liked this

No it was his "Binders full of women" and other bs.  Nobody believed him

SuperChicken
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, that was it.  Totally, like fer sure.

AmberRose1122
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Yes.

Quoting coolmommy2x:

After John McCain lost, the Republicans said they needed to focus on minorities more. Now Romney lost and they're saying the same thing. When they truly embrace minorities and recognize that not every citizen is a white male, they will win elections. It seems simple.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Doesn't he realize that blaming the other instead of admitting that you made mistakes will never help ? What a spoiled brat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 4, 2013 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

This, exactly this.

Quoting meriana:

I had to laugh when his wife said the loss was also because the media kept people from seeing/knowing what Mitt is really like.  NO, many many people saw Mitt for exactly who he ism politically speaking. The fact they don't earn a few million or billion dollars a year does not make them stupid. He again tried to downplay the 47% comments almost as if the thing was completely misunderstood. Sorry Mitt, most people do realize that when one is speaking in what they believe to be a very private place and very private conversation, that is when they will speak their true mind about things.

Anyone else find it interesting that Mitt was pretty much shell-shocked by his loss, went into what amounts to "hiding" for months (thank goodness actually), during which time his son makes a statment that Mitt really didn't want the Presidency in the first place, etc. and now here's Mitt saying he really did want it and wishes he was there in the White House to "fix" everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN