Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Opinions?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM
  • 34 Replies

Whose rights trump in this situation?

My husband wants a gun.. has wanted one since he found out that we were moving to Texas. (he doesn't trust many of the locals in the area..) I don't want one in the house. 

So, does his right to own a gun trump my right to feel safe in my home? (I don't feel safe with guns in the house)

by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:33 PM

In Killeen, I was happy to have a gun in my house.. that's all I got.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

In Killeen, I was happy to have a gun in my house.. that's all I got.

lol

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:34 PM

I feel this is more of a relationship thing than a right thing. I hope you guys come to a happy compromise. :) And I hope I made sense, lol.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:35 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Euphoric:

I feel this is more of a relationship thing than a right thing. I hope you guys come to a happy compromise. :) And I hope I made sense, lol.

yeah... we did. He can't leave the bullets around me or in the house when I am home alone. 

ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM

Compromise is a good thing. We have a lot of guns but the guns are kept in the gun safe and the ammo is kept in a lock box in another area. That way even if for some reason someone was to gain access to one they aren't going to get the other.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Quoting Euphoric:

also, the main reason for my question was that when he went to buy it, the first place we stopped was very disturbing (a sign that said the only good liberal is a dead one was hanging over the door)

DH said that I really didn't want one in the house (making conversation) and the man said that DH's 2nd Amendment rights trumped my rights to not have one.

SuperChicken
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't want a gun in my home either, so I'd make sure I win, lol.   

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Euphoric:

also, the main reason for my question was that when he went to buy it, the first place we stopped was very disturbing (a sign that said the only good liberal is a dead one was hanging over the door)

DH said that I really didn't want one in the house (making conversation) and the man said that DH's 2nd Amendment rights trumped my rights to not have one.

What a dumb asshole. What did your husband say?

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:43 PM

make him lock his gun in a gun safe and keep the ammnition separate from the gun. Guns aren't unsafe if you store and handle them properly - you may need a gun in texas most of the folks there are wackadoodle lol

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 4:44 PM

yes the bullets should be somewhere that you can not get to them if that is a concern.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting Euphoric:

yeah... we did. He can't leave the bullets around me or in the house when I am home alone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured