Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Touch screens..Am I the only one???

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 104 Replies

Am I the only one that now touches EVERYTHING trying to make it work?

I slap my pc screen all the time. My parents have an older cell..I'm always tapping the screen wondering what is wrong with their phone? I had to go pick up meds at the pharmacy today..I paid with a card..I kept tapping the screen to try and put my info in. The clerk very nicely said ..you have to use the keys..then did an eyeroll.

I do it to my tv, car, ATM, etc...

Are we becoming so lazy? Or maybe this illness just makes me crazy?

Please tell me I'm not alone..

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I've never had a touch screen phone, I don't even know how to use one, lol.

ashybaby87
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

lol I do that too from time to time, but my computer is touch screen, my phone is touch screen, even the registers at my job are touch screen. So of course an order phone or a computer without touch screen gets attacked by me from time to time lol

DonnaNoble
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I do it too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL..we have the opposite problem!

Quoting Euphoric:

I've never had a touch screen phone, I don't even know how to use one, lol.

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM

lol if i cant figure a phone out i just hand it to the person and say "i dont remember how to use these work it for me!!" XD

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM
5 moms liked this

I actually can't stand my new Galaxy phone. It would be so much easier to just type out what I want to say. I spend so much time trying to correct the wrong letters it puts up. Maybe my fingers are just too fat?

Anyway, no I don't have a touch screen problem. You should look into a 12 step program for that :P

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM

Good! lol

Quoting DonnaNoble:

I do it too!

HeathersForever
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM

lol no I don't try to touch screen everything, like my computer for example. I don't really like touch screen options for computers so I would never buy one. Also I do have a touch screen cell phone but I have a slide out keyboard, I sort of hate the touch screen on my phone. I actually used to work for Sprint, then I worked for Alltel until they became Verizon so I have handled a lot of phones, so I am used to phones not having touch screens. I have never tried it with the tv, or car either I didn't even know those were options...I am not really rich to buy those sort of things.

Now ATMs, and where you have to swipe your card I always assume they are touch screen, when they aren't I get so shocked because it is so often now.

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I have tried to rewind the story on the news radio in the car before. Drives me NUTS. LOL.

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:57 PM

lol, I do have to say that to my dd sometimes..I get an, oh mom you ARE old..brat!

Quoting redbutterfly666:

lol if i cant figure a phone out i just hand it to the person and say "i dont remember how to use these work it for me!!" XD

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN