Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Does anyone else hate Facebook?

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this
Is it me or do they just do what they want? I deactivated my account for privacy reasons and it never really goes away. It reactivates periodically without my input! Makes me furious that I can't make it totally go away!
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM
I don't hate it but I'm getting tired of it. Especially of all those disgusting "hit if you like" pics that are so graphic. Or people posting stupid status,now I use more instagram which is getting annoying too.lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM

The only way it can be reactivated is if you go in, enter your user name and password. 

I have heard that some people have indeed had a hard time trying to get accounts deleted.  

ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I love FB, I've been a member since it was just for college kids. My whole family is on there, including my Grandma. She's a newcommer to it but she's already addicted to Pintrest,lol. 

UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:19 PM
3 moms liked this

I hate it. It's too egotistical for me. IMO, it's kind of like as advertisement for yourself that you craft into an image, which i think is kind of weird. Plus, i feel like if people wanted to know about my life they'd be part of it.

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I tolerate it because my sister lives across the country and I get to communicate with my oldest nephew who is 16 and loves Facebook.. Lol
Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:43 PM
2 moms liked this
I love it.

Being a military family its awesome to be able to keep in contact with all of our family all over the world as well as friends at every base we 'be lived at... My kids don't get to see their Nana & Papa all the time like most kids so Facebook allows me to post pics of their sports and artwork and them growing up...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My fb is all drama free family...we keep in contact almost daily..cousins. aunts, uncles, siblings.

Thelmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I love facebook. Our family is very scattered and it helps us stay in touch. If people post stuff I don't want to see, I just hide it. If they do updates, I get used to them within hours or a day at the most.  Nothing is really private anywhere on the internet.  I don't post anything I wouldn't want anyone to see.

honey27
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Hate it. Deactivated my account over 2 years ago and I'm glad. People tell too much of their business on there. It's annoying.
lga1965
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I like Facebook because I can see pictures of my relatives and friends who are living out of state , keep up with their news and nobody ever posts anything inappropriate. I only have about 35 "friends" and they are all nice people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN