Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else hate Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post
Is it me or do they just do what they want? I deactivated my account for privacy reasons and it never really goes away. It reactivates periodically without my input! Makes me furious that I can't make it totally go away!
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Replies (11-20):
MariannLws
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:57 PM

No I still like Facebook. It keeps our family who live all over the world in touch. 

SassyWildflower
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:58 PM

I like it. we keep in contact w/ family in other states that way. much easier sharing photos of the kids in one place than sending them to each person that wants them in 5 different states!

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I dislike FB.  Don't have an account and do not desire one. 

WesternNYmom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I can't stand Facebook. The only reason I even have an account is so I can communicate with family out of town. For some reason  they hardley ever respond to my emails, but they will reply to my facebook messages.  I have my accout set up so only friends and family can access it, but occasionally some jerk will manage to sneak in a post offensive messages on my wall. I reported this to FB, but they never do anything about it.  The only time I ever hear back from them is when I am not on the site for long stretches of time and they want to know why.

Lindsay4Ambit
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:08 AM

The main idea of it doesn't bother me. What does is the drama, and "repost if you love Jesus" crap. I do love Jesus, but I'm not posting a photo to prove it to Facebook. 

Debi09
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I think Face Book can be a really useful way to quickly take a peek, share a picture, catch up or confirm plans. Keeping it simple is my rule.   I have kids, family members, friends and a spouse that are so addicted to FB that they are always distracted when we get together.  This really annoys me.  I guess I like to keep my business more personal than other people.  I would like to share something scarry that happened to my son, he posted where he was eating dinner with his cousin.  She had just ended a long term relationship. Her boyfriend of many years  came to the restaurant they were at and waited in the parking lot for them to come out and attacked my son.  This is why you only post where you are when you are actually leaving the place

PestPatti
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:21 AM

Quoting honey27:

Hate it. Deactivated my account over 2 years ago and I'm glad. People tell too much of their business on there. It's annoying.

Hmmm but yet you stay here, same thing different site.

RobinChristine
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:55 AM

I like FB,however I do not like the timeline.Also all the ads,if necessary I wish they only popped up according to your interest that you selected

romalove
by Roma on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I love Facebook.  It has enabled a whole bunch of us who were friends in high school to reconnect and enjoy each other's company again.  We can keep in touch easily, make group plans, and chat on a daily basis if we want to, without any fees.

ochoa.mama
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:39 AM
2 moms liked this
I deleted my FB few months back & unless you sign back in that's only way you can reactivate it. Ya its filled with a lot of judgmental haters ....CM is know for drama but I like where I can speak my mind & I don't care if ya bash cuz I don't know you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured