Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Does anyone else hate Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post
Is it me or do they just do what they want? I deactivated my account for privacy reasons and it never really goes away. It reactivates periodically without my input! Makes me furious that I can't make it totally go away!
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
dustinsmom1
by JENN on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:48 AM

I like it, its a great way to keep i touch w/ friends and family across the country. We share photos w/ ease and keep in touch.

friendlymom48
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:26 AM
1 mom liked this
This. Only I did it 3 years ago. I don't miss it

Quoting honey27:

Hate it. Deactivated my account over 2 years ago and I'm glad. People tell too much of their business on there. It's annoying.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I use it to send pics of the kids to the grandparents. Many folks use the messenger feature to send me email. I don't really see the appeal of folks who overshare or spend all their time on it.

honey27
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Not that I owe you an explanation but I know the people on facebook. Where on here I don't and even on here I avoid the attention getting post and only will respond or read the stuff I want to. On facebook it pops up on your wall unless you block that person.

Quoting PestPatti:

Quoting honey27:

Hate it. Deactivated my account over 2 years ago and I'm glad. People tell too much of their business on there. It's annoying.

Hmmm but yet you stay here, same thing different site.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I like it ok. I much prefer cm though, more entertaining.

GrandmaGRN
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:50 PM

I decided to create an alias page. I only am in contact with family and friends I don't see often or who live out of state.  I agree it is so narcissitic!  Look at me, my cat, my food! Dumb!  I realized it was my iphone that was still able to reactivate my old account. Fixed that.  So, now I check it about once a week to see if anything is new.  But, really, if there was anything earthshattering, they'd call, text or email me.  I still don't like the idea that my old account is still floating around waiting to be deactivated. Tempted to go in and delete everything and then deactivate again....

polyhymia
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I like that I can keep up with family that live across the country, and it is nice to keep in touch with people I graduated high school with. I recently deleted a bunch of people and do not frequently add any. Some people go a little crazy with it though, like anytime something new happens to them (religion, political philosophy change etc). Those would even be fine except it is frequently inspired by propaganda so it gets ridiculous. I don't think many of them know about checking sources and what not. currently mine is filled with second amendment pics and memes and conspiracy theories. I recently  told my mom that a large chunk of our family will be getting tin foil hats shipped to them for Christmas

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:37 PM
I'm guessing you live close to family and friends?

:)

I live a continent away from home so posting a picture of my kiddos to facebook with a small update is way easier than texting each member my very large family and group of close friends.

Quoting UpSheRises:

I hate it. It's too egotistical for me. IMO, it's kind of like as advertisement for yourself that you craft into an image, which i think is kind of weird. Plus, i feel like if people wanted to know about my life they'd be part of it.

wickedfiress
by Kellie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:38 PM
EXACTLY!!!

Can you imagine having to picture message or email everyone individually?!?! Tedious.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

I love it.

Being a military family its awesome to be able to keep in contact with all of our family all over the world as well as friends at every base we 'be lived at... My kids don't get to see their Nana & Papa all the time like most kids so Facebook allows me to post pics of their sports and artwork and them growing up...
rrs256
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Just delete everything on the facebook. All the friends, all of the pictures, all of your posts, and so if it does reactivate there will be nothing there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)