Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Does anyone else hate Facebook?

Posted by   + Show Post
Is it me or do they just do what they want? I deactivated my account for privacy reasons and it never really goes away. It reactivates periodically without my input! Makes me furious that I can't make it totally go away!
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Replies (31-35):
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Im not a very social person. I have 3 girlfriends aside from my co workers and I see all of them about once a month and we speak on the phone or text very often. My mom lives a half an hour away, my sisters about an hour in opposite directions. I keep in touch with them by speaking on the telephone and getting together. Guess I am old fashioned.

Quoting wickedfiress:

I'm guessing you live close to family and friends?

:)

I live a continent away from home so posting a picture of my kiddos to facebook with a small update is way easier than texting each member my very large family and group of close friends.

Quoting UpSheRises:

I hate it. It's too egotistical for me. IMO, it's kind of like as advertisement for yourself that you craft into an image, which i think is kind of weird. Plus, i feel like if people wanted to know about my life they'd be part of it.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
USBrit
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I don't hate Facebook because I am responsible user and only have family on it and one friend. I have no need to impress anyone, or tell my private business to hundreds of "friends" (yeah, right...who really can call that many people friends) I think each of us have a responsibility to use social media responsibly

memescheufele27
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:32 PM
How not get addition to Facebook i always thinking of Facebook don't no why and i hate Facebook
JakeandEmmasMom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:40 PM

I love it!  Most of my family is scattered across the country, so it's really nice that we are able to keep current on what is happening in eachothers' lives and see pictures of our families.  I've also reconnected with old friends through there. 

I do keep it drama-free, however.  That helps.

SilverSterling
by MrsSilverusSnape on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:48 PM

There is no such thing as Deactivating a Facebook account and those accounts are often hacked into and used under False pretense... I love Facebook even though they have deleted my accounts for abuse issues... I have told many friends that if they want to get rid of their accounts abuse the TOS so Facebook deletes it..

I have 2 accounts anyways (a 3rd on standby)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)