Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you own stock S/O

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 24 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you own any stock?

Options:

None

Less than $500

Less than $2500

Less than $10k

Less than $50k

Less than $100k

Less than $250k

Less than $500k

Less than 1 mil.

More than 1 mil.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 22

View Results

Ok, just curious how many people own stock. Will make a poll so it can be annonymous. 

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:34 PM

Do you mean if someone gets stock options at work?

eema.gray
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Not any more. We had a couple thousand in a few years ago but sold off everything right before a big dip in prices. We just had one of those gut feelings it was time to get out of the racket
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rubberbiscuit
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:39 PM

My husband has stock options at work and we buy them every year.  He puts somewhere around 2-3% a pay period in the options.  The company has been doing very well.  Also, a couple of years ago, one of his bosses (we never found out which one) put him in for bonus company stocks (because dh is awesome!).  We also have our 401K, but I don't think that is what you're asking about. 

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Quoting Euphoric:

It could be 401k, IRA, or in personal account and a brokerage firm. Any for of stock. :)

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Quoting Rubberbiscuit:

My husband has stock options at work and we buy them every year.  He puts somewhere around 2-3% a pay period in the options.  The company has been doing very well.  Also, a couple of years ago, one of his bosses (we never found out which one) put him in for bonus company stocks (because dh is awesome!).  We also have our 401K, but I don't think that is what you're asking about. 

401k counts if it's in stock. Some people do bonds or other forms of investment with their 401k. 

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I got out and have not been comfortable with going back in. However, my getting out has more to do with laws being imposed than other. I invest in tangible goods now such as actually holding gold and gems and other items of value. I no longer trust the demat accounts for holdings. While that may require reassessment I think these items have fallen to the same fate as banks in which if everyone took delivery there is not enough for what has been purchased. Further do not get me started on the problems with investment accounts and such.

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting Euphoric:

It could be 401k, IRA, or in personal account and a brokerage firm. Any for of stock. :)

Thanks for clarifying, yep we have stock.

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Kitschy
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM
We have a 401k
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:46 PM

We did. We started buying individual stocks when we got married 9 years ago. We weren't really researching stocks though, just bought in what we liked. Some did really well and some didn't. We just sold them all off this year though. We decided our money could be better used elsewhere as we really weren't making good returns.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Quoting stormcris:

I got out and have not been comfortable with going back in. However, my getting out has more to do with laws being imposed than other. I invest in tangible goods now such as actually holding gold and gems and other items of value. I no longer trust the demat accounts for holdings. While that may require reassessment I think these items have fallen to the same fate as banks in which if everyone took delivery there is not enough for what has been purchased. Further do not get me started on the problems with investment accounts and such.

Have you seen Silver Eagle sales lately? Seems like a lot of people are wanting to move into physical, PM's. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN