Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

s/o the Danica Patrick post

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM
  • 27 Replies
Ok, so conversation in the Danica Patrick post somehow turned to high heeled shoes. Apparently, there is a point at which the height of a woman's shoe heel turns from attractive to whore-ish. It was posited by another member that 4 inches crossed into whoredom. What are your thoughts on this idea? What height do you feel makes shoes attractive, and at what point do they cross that line?

Here is my perspective: I am wearing boots with 3 inch heels right now. My work pants are typically long so I need high heels. For me the most comfortable is 2 inches, although 3 inches is fine. I can run in 2 inch heels, just walk fast in 3 inch heels. Under 2 inches just feels weird and I don't even bother. My max is 4 inches, not because I don't like higher but because I will hurt myself and anyone else in my vicinity. Although, I really like platforms and can go higher in platforms. My friend is very short so she regularly wears 5 inch heels, even *gasp* to church. So anyway, tell me what you think. Is here a too-high heel?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuperChicken
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:43 PM
3 moms liked this

I hate heels and refuse to wear them except on black tie occasions.    They are uncomfortable.

That said, if your heels are clear and have a little drawer for storing your tips, they are whorish.   Height doesn't really matter.

Pema_Jampa
Only on CafeMom...
Yesterday at 6:51 PM
by SxyTaco on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I'm too tall for high heels. I don't like towering over everyone. What other people wear is their business. 

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I wore 4in.  red heels to church once...the poor old lady at the door almost fainted and I almost broke my ankles!

I think it's the look of the shoe that screams whore-ish , not the height.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I'd say it depends on the venue-

I am short, so I can wear a fairly high heel. I would not wear a cocktail dress and 4 inch pumps to a job interview-

Common sense- I know that many are lacking-

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I regularly wear 4 inch heels.   But I am pretty short.

I think it is more the shape of the shoe and the heel that can make something seem whorish.

These are 4 inches and I wouldn't call them whorish

colins_mom
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM
its not the heels, its what you wear with them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Denisethedaring
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM

It looks unprofessional in a semi-formal business setting to wear super-high heels and platforms, imo.  (Super high = higher than 4").  However, I don't think it actually means the wearer is a slut or a whore--other possibilities, much stronger, are either just not as in tune with cultural mores as she ought to be and/or really doesn't give a crap what other people think about her attire, even if it's going to have a semi-negative effect on how she's perceived. 

ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM

My Favorite heels. 4 inches with a small platform. And I've worn these to all kinds of functions. They look cute with a LBD. I'm 5'2 and pretty much all of my heels are 4 or 5 inches and I've never been called a whore before (at least not to my face,lol).

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I don't think heels are whorish. Unless they are stripper shoes.

Peanutx3
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 1:51 PM

I need my heels.  I am barely 5' so I wear 3" heels regularly.  Nothing below 3" and I have a few pairs that are 4".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured