Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Zimmerman Stuns Court

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
  • 71 Replies

http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-stuns-court-waives-stand-ground-hearing-trayvon-162305101--abc-news-topstories.html

The defense for GZ has apparently waived his right for his scheduled, Stand Your Ground hearing and will roll through right to trial in June.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM
5 moms liked this

Perhaps even his defense team realizes that he has shaky  grounds for his original defense???

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM

BUMP!

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Wow! When did his happen?!?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:30 PM

This morning??  Not sure, but at some point today.  I was very surprised to begin reading the news and finding this.  Wonder what all of this means? Perhaps not so cut and dry. 

Quoting LauraKW:

Wow! When did his happen?!?

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM
6 moms liked this

Interesting-

I always wondered how that SYG would apply (many in FL said it would not justify Zimmerman's behaviors/decisions). GZ had a safe place, his car had he followed the instructions given by the 911 dispatcher.

Plus, why wouldn't the SYG also apply to TM?

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Perhaps even his defense team realizes that he has shaky  grounds for his original defense???

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:32 PM
2 moms liked this

I think he would have been held over for trial anyway..public outrage and all..This way they have more time and can do both at once.

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM
3 moms liked this

Has to be some strategic move.  I'ts now got me wondering if this will leave him open for a plea deal??? 

Quoting Sisteract:

Interesting-

I always wondered how that SYG would apply (many in FL said it would not justify Zimmerman's behaviors/decisions). GZ had a safe place, his car had he followed the instructions given by the 911 dispatcher.

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

AllofFive19
by Bronze Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:33 PM

interesting

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM
12 moms liked this

Probably-

Horrible that a person can target, escalate, confront and kill another, when the victim attempts to defend himself...and then plea down the charges-

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Has to be some strategic move.  I'ts now got me wondering if this will leave him open for a plea deal??? 

Quoting Sisteract:

Interesting-

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey, you know I agree with you.  I remember stating this some months back that I did not think this would go all the way to trial.  Could still be wrong, but waiving this hearing is somewhat telling to their case from the opinion that they know they lack the fundamental defense to which they had been claiming all along.   

Quoting Sisteract:

Probably-

Horrible that a person can target, escalate, confront and kill another, when the victim attempts to defend himself...and then plea down the charges-

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting Sisteract:

Interesting-

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN