Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-stuns-court-waives-stand-ground-hearing-trayvon-162305101--abc-news-topstories.html

The defense for GZ has apparently waived his right for his scheduled, Stand Your Ground hearing and will roll through right to trial in June.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (11-20):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:48 PM

This does not surprise me at all.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:50 PM
3 moms liked this

I am waiting for a plea deal to be made.

Makes my stomach  hurt that he will be allowed to plea down and out.  Coward.

But the positive, he will be in jail and cannot set out to murder any other innocent kids or otherwise.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this

What if he gets probation?  It this even possible in a 2nd degree murder charge? 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

But the positive, he will be in jail and cannot set out to murder any other innocent kids or otherwise.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

What if he gets probation?  It this even possible in a 2nd degree murder charge? 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Honestly, I don't know.  I do not think so but I would have to do a bit of research to be certain.

Don't even say that!  I can't imagine such a thing after taking the life of another person in the manner he did.  *sigh*

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Interesting.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Nothing surprises me lately.  

When DH came home a little while ago, he mentioned GZ to me. I asked him the same question, and he does believe that a plea deal most always involves jail time.   Let this not be the expect ion.......

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Honestly, I don't know.  I do not think so but I would have to do a bit of research to be certain.

Don't even say that!  I can't imagine such a thing after taking the life of another person in the manner he did.  *sigh*

GoddessNDaRuff
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:38 PM
The makers of the law have came out and said the law does not cover him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM
1 mom liked this

They've been saying that since the height of the controversy.   

Quoting GoddessNDaRuff:

The makers of the law have came out and said the law does not cover him.

OneToughMami
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:17 PM
5 moms liked this

I can't believe there are still people out there defending this though. Saying it was acceptable for him to pull the SYG laws out knowing had he followed simple directions he wouldn't be going through this mess and a kid would still be alive.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting OneToughMami:

I can't believe there are still people out there defending this though. Saying it was acceptable for him to pull the SYG laws out knowing had he followed simple directions he wouldn't be going through this mess and a kid would still be alive.

I can. Racists. Some obvious and "out," some in denial, with or without degrees of awareness of it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured