Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-stuns-court-waives-stand-ground-hearing-trayvon-162305101--abc-news-topstories.html

The defense for GZ has apparently waived his right for his scheduled, Stand Your Ground hearing and will roll through right to trial in June.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Replies (71-71):
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 7:45 AM

That's the american way. Most cases are plead down and or settled out of court. As much as it pisses people off-esp in this case- think about it this way- no trial means it will not be a drain on the system and tax dollars.

Quoting Sisteract:

Probably-

Horrible that a person can target, escalate, confront and kill another, when the victim attempts to defend himself...and then plea down the charges-

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Has to be some strategic move.  I'ts now got me wondering if this will leave him open for a plea deal??? 

Quoting Sisteract:

Interesting-

I always wondered how that SYG would apply (many in FL said it would not justify Zimmerman's behaviors/decisions). GZ had a safe place, his car had he followed the instructions given by the 911 dispatcher.

Plus, why wouldn't the SYG also apply to TM?

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Perhaps even his defense team realizes that he has shaky  grounds for his original defense???

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN