Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

War on Women! Rape Survivor Dissed by CO Politicians

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM
  • 40 Replies

War on Women! Rape survivor dissed by CO politicians
Now that the election is over, the left doesn’t seem so concerned about that "war on women". And for people who are supposedly all about protecting women, the left sure has a bizarre way of showing it. Once again, a Democrat politician has trivialized a rape survivor’s horrible experience and point-of-view, while arrogantly explaining why she doesn’t need a gun. See the shocking video and Glenn’s reaction.

grandma B

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:46 PM
3 moms liked this
She had a better chance of the gun being turned and used on her. I am democrat but am very ambivalent on the gun issue. I don't know how I feel about letting students carry guns into the classroom. My first instinct is it doesn't sound like a good idea. I know I am definitely opposed to guns being banned altogether and I believe if someone wants to kill they will find a gun. But, guns in the classroom? I'm not sure
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
grandmab125
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you watch the video?  She pointed out to that obnoxious dem senator that the guy already had his own weapon, he didn't need hers.  We all have a constitutional right to bear arms.  Part of that right is the right to protect yourself, when your life is in danger.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

She had a better chance of the gun being turned and used on her. I am democrat but am very ambivalent on the gun issue. I don't know how I feel about letting students carry guns into the classroom. My first instinct is it doesn't sound like a good idea. I know I am definitely opposed to guns being banned altogether and I believe if someone wants to kill they will find a gun. But, guns in the classroom? I'm not sure

grandma B

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:00 PM
2 moms liked this

*sigh*

Debmomto2girls
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, I did. Like I stated.. I do not have strong opinions on Gun control but I have doubt that allowing students to carry concealed weapons in the classroom is a good ide

Quoting grandmab125:

Did you watch the video?  She pointed out to that obnoxious dem senator that the guy already had his own weapon, he didn't need hers.  We all have a constitutional right to bear arms.  Part of that right is the right to protect yourself, when your life is in danger.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:47 PM
4 moms liked this

Not every woman is going to be able to stop an attack, regardless of if they carry or not.  Or any thing else for that matter.

That isn't to say that this woman would not have been able to do just that.  

If I felt it was necessary to carry a weapon with me, 24/7, I would have to re-think my entire life, choices, and the world and community I choose to live in.

I don't much care for where this conversation was going, I don't necessarily agree with the politician speaking to this woman.

But nor am I one to believe that carrying a weapon 24/7 is going to keep me any safer.

Just my personal opinion.  

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM
2 moms liked this

It is a terrible idea.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Yes, I did. Like I stated.. I do not have strong opinions on Gun control but I have doubt that allowing students to carry concealed weapons in the classroom is a good ide

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Neon Washable Paint

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this
Talk about blame the victim.....
PinkButterfly66
by Silver Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:40 PM
2 moms liked this

So if he already had a gun, hers wouldn't have done her a whole lot of good, now would it?  How about the right of all those innocent slaughtered by semi-automatic weapons?  They'd still be alive if those weapons were banned and YOU would still have a shit load of other types of guns to hoard against the zombies.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:48 PM

1.  This post has nothing to do with automatic weapons.

2.  Think about it....if she were allowed to carry a concealed weapon, say in the back of her jeans, or strapped in a holster under her jacket, she would have stood a chance of shooting the bastard.  Since her parents saw to it that she was trained in martial arts, it would follow that she also is trained in using guns.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

So if he already had a gun, hers wouldn't have done her a whole lot of good, now would it?  How about the right of all those innocent slaughtered by semi-automatic weapons?  They'd still be alive if those weapons were banned and YOU would still have a shit load of other types of guns to hoard against the zombies.

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

grandma B

grandmab125
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Well, I doubt that colleges have a place for you to check your gun at the door to the class room.  If my girls were in college today, I would see that they were licensed and trained to use a gun, and hopefully in a college that allowed conceal and carry.  Because women can't carry on most campuses, they are even more vulnerable to rape today than ever before.  Sorry, but call boxes, whistles and pissing on yourself just don't cut it.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Quoting grandmab125:

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

grandma B

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)