Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"There is a special place in HELL for women.......

Posted by   + Show Post
who don't help other women". - Madeliene Albright (inspired by the spat between Tina Fey and Taylor Swift)....Thought?
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Replies (121-130):
muslimahpj
by Ruby Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM

LOL

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

I think you spelled it right... LOL!

But nope. I have three monkeys that climb in to bed with me throughout the night so no bare butt cheeks for me! HAHAHAAH!!!

Quoting muslimahpj:

Hmmm.... Commando and I wouldnt want to say in here. LOL

(is that spelled right? It doesnt look right to me for some reason.)

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Hey PJ wanna guess what undies I prefer and what that says about me? ;-)

Quoting muslimahpj:

You seem to have a running theme in your posts lately about women wanting special treatment, feminism, etc, etc. 

Im sure there will be a post soon about which type of undies a woman prefers and what that says about her. ;-)

Quoting KamWorthy:

No beef...fish please.

Quoting muslimahpj:

OP, what is your beef with women in general?

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Just because someone gets married young and has a child young, does not automatically mean they are mature. Everyone is different.
Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

She's 23. That's plenty old enough to be mature... By that age I was married for 5 years with 2 kids...

Quoting KamWorthy:

She can't show maturity, because she's very young. She's just acting her age. I mean what do we really expect? As for the songs being kiss and tell material, so? Aren't many songs based on real life situations? As for a laughing stock...well she's laughing all the way to the bank with a mantle full of Grammies! LMBO!!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Taylor needs a bit of a wake up call, IMO.  She needs to see that she is a bit of a laughing stock to the rest of us and that will not change until she stops mining exboyfriends for song material.  She needs to take a page out of one of her ex's books and not "kiss and tell".  Show a little dignity and maturity, Taylor!

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Sorry, but I won't support another woman who is acting like an arsehole just because she happens to have a vagina. I'll call her out the same way I'd call out anyone. 

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:12 AM
True. I liken it to me hearing someone screaming for help and me wondering if it is a woman or a man and deciding if I would assist or not based on their gender lol!
Quoting canadianmom1974:

I think that if someone needs help or support, and I can give it, I will ... their gender does not enter into it, nor should it.
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Makes sense to me.
Quoting cjsbmom:

Sorry, but I won't support another woman who is acting like an arsehole just because she happens to have a vagina. I'll call her out the same way I'd call out anyone. 

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:18 AM

It works the other way as well...just because someone is young doesn't automatically mean they aren't mature...everyone is different...

Quoting KamWorthy:

Just because someone gets married young and has a child young, does not automatically mean they are mature. Everyone is different.
Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

She's 23. That's plenty old enough to be mature... By that age I was married for 5 years with 2 kids...

Quoting KamWorthy:

She can't show maturity, because she's very young. She's just acting her age. I mean what do we really expect? As for the songs being kiss and tell material, so? Aren't many songs based on real life situations? As for a laughing stock...well she's laughing all the way to the bank with a mantle full of Grammies! LMBO!!

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Taylor needs a bit of a wake up call, IMO.  She needs to see that she is a bit of a laughing stock to the rest of us and that will not change until she stops mining exboyfriends for song material.  She needs to take a page out of one of her ex's books and not "kiss and tell".  Show a little dignity and maturity, Taylor!

lizzielouaf
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:27 AM

It is also applicable just because someone is older doesn't mean they behave with maturity. 

Quoting LucyMom08:

It works the other way as well...just because someone is young doesn't automatically mean they aren't mature...everyone is different...

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Yes, but we are discussing someone so young that their brain is not yet fully developed. The scientific truth of the matter is someone under the age of 25 is in fact less mature than someone over the age of 25, as a rule. Now, are there exceptions to this rule, absolutely. Exceptions, not the rule.
Quoting LucyMom08:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say there is a special place in hell for child rapists and child abusers... not women who don't help other women. That's a bit much...

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 12:20 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing when I first heard the quote originate by staunch liberal Madeleine Albright.
Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

I would say there is a special place in hell for child rapists and child abusers... not women who don't help other women. That's a bit much...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)