Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"There is a special place in HELL for women.......

Posted by   + Show Post
who don't help other women". - Madeliene Albright (inspired by the spat between Tina Fey and Taylor Swift)....Thought?
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Replies (161-164):
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:20 PM
No. I've mostly ignored the accusations. I shrugged it off as paranoia on the part of a few intimidated individuals. I come across members everyday that I swear must have duel accounts, but the fact is, there are thousands of members and dozens of new members everyday. I don't have the interest nor the energy to care.
Quoting stacymomof2:

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you had admitted it in another thread.  I must be mistaken, then.  I'll just say then that you remind me a lot of another member.

Quoting KamWorthy:

It's also not uncommon when a member becomes desperate and out of ammo, to sink to claiming their oppenant has an alt account. Just a little warning, they are coming down hard on members like you.
Quoting stacymomof2:

Okay then, if that is how you want to see it.

You are LBN, isn't that an accepted fact by now?  Because I remember having conversations with you like this in the past.  I remember you thinking that other posters really focused on your opinions and life experiences, and that you think people disagreeing with you are "intolerant." I swear we have had this exact same exchange in the past.

Quoting KamWorthy:

Well then the only thing your comment proves is that you are frustrated with my opinion, and my education, and life experiences as well as demonstrates your intolerance for opinions opposite of yours. It's understood, noted.
Quoting stacymomof2:

The underlined is BS and doesn't follow.  There is no evidence to support it except whatever you are making up in your head.  That is what this entire exchange was about, the reason you came to that conclusion.  I see there is no reason for that except your personal opinion.  You seem to think supporting women is taking something away from men.  Apparently you are not capeable of seeing that one is not a detriment to the other.

Spare me your poetry "appreciation" class in college, I took many myself as an English Lit major.  It doesn't have anything to do with a statement made by a political figure about a political subject.  Furthermore I assume you were required to know context in order to read poetry as well.  You will miss too much without context, literary criticism is not just about your personal opinion from a current perspective.  I never read one poem or book without having to know the circumstances it was written in.

Quoting KamWorthy:

There are some quotes that are universally deciphered the same way by most. Of course there are some that take more thought. In my Sonets appreciation class (college days) the professor would have us read a portion from a love lorned individual. He would ask us what we took away from it, and yet he never told anyone they were wrong for their interpretation. Women who only support other women in need are usually women who see men as the enemy. Take for example the campagne manager of a Liberal wood-be president. He would never be caught managing for a conservative unless of course he had a change of heart, mind and ethics. It is not rocket science.

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:28 PM

OK...

Quoting KamWorthy:

No. I've mostly ignored the accusations. I shrugged it off as paranoia on the part of a few intimidated individuals. I come across members everyday that I swear must have duel accounts, but the fact is, there are thousands of members and dozens of new members everyday. I don't have the interest nor the energy to care.
Quoting stacymomof2:

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you had admitted it in another thread.  I must be mistaken, then.  I'll just say then that you remind me a lot of another member.

Quoting KamWorthy:

It's also not uncommon when a member becomes desperate and out of ammo, to sink to claiming their oppenant has an alt account. Just a little warning, they are coming down hard on members like you.
Quoting stacymomof2:

Okay then, if that is how you want to see it.

You are LBN, isn't that an accepted fact by now?  Because I remember having conversations with you like this in the past.  I remember you thinking that other posters really focused on your opinions and life experiences, and that you think people disagreeing with you are "intolerant." I swear we have had this exact same exchange in the past.

Quoting KamWorthy:

Well then the only thing your comment proves is that you are frustrated with my opinion, and my education, and life experiences as well as demonstrates your intolerance for opinions opposite of yours. It's understood, noted.
Quoting stacymomof2:

The underlined is BS and doesn't follow.  There is no evidence to support it except whatever you are making up in your head.  That is what this entire exchange was about, the reason you came to that conclusion.  I see there is no reason for that except your personal opinion.  You seem to think supporting women is taking something away from men.  Apparently you are not capeable of seeing that one is not a detriment to the other.

Spare me your poetry "appreciation" class in college, I took many myself as an English Lit major.  It doesn't have anything to do with a statement made by a political figure about a political subject.  Furthermore I assume you were required to know context in order to read poetry as well.  You will miss too much without context, literary criticism is not just about your personal opinion from a current perspective.  I never read one poem or book without having to know the circumstances it was written in.

Quoting KamWorthy:

There are some quotes that are universally deciphered the same way by most. Of course there are some that take more thought. In my Sonets appreciation class (college days) the professor would have us read a portion from a love lorned individual. He would ask us what we took away from it, and yet he never told anyone they were wrong for their interpretation. Women who only support other women in need are usually women who see men as the enemy. Take for example the campagne manager of a Liberal wood-be president. He would never be caught managing for a conservative unless of course he had a change of heart, mind and ethics. It is not rocket science.

secondboy2012
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM
You can only help those who are willing to help themselves.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Iconoclast
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM
A person does not gain my support because they have a vag. Blind loyalty is a crock. But I am willing even to help women I dont like. For instance I'm willing to help drop Ann Coulter off a cliff onto jagged rocks surrounded by coyotes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured