Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"There is a special place in HELL for women.......

Posted by   + Show Post
who don't help other women". - Madeliene Albright (inspired by the spat between Tina Fey and Taylor Swift)....Thought?
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Replies (21-30):
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:48 AM
"By “damaging the competition”, we mean competition that is not productive, but instead is personal and mean- spirited in nature. It is a “taboo topic” because most people don’t want to admit it is happening (or worse yet, that they engage in it)"
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:50 AM
There is, and that was the catalyst, but not what my post is about.
Quoting themissheather:

I would agree with that also. Was there a back story I missed?

Quoting KamWorthy:

Do yout think there is a special place in "hell" for people who show favoritism for one gender over another, no matter who may be in need?

Quoting themissheather:

I don't believe in Hell, but agree with the sentiment.
FoodIsLife
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:52 AM

What does she expect? For them to HELP her mock and belittle another young man in front of millions of people? Cause she's so classy and handled her relationship with the one direction kid sooooo gracefully. 

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Um...ok..point taken...but what's your answer to the quote by M. Albright?
Quoting FoodIsLife:

What does she expect? For them to HELP her mock and belittle another young man in front of millions of people? Cause she's so classy and handled her relationship with the one direction kid sooooo gracefully. 

FoodIsLife
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

People should help people when they need it. There are some women I would not help unless it was life threatening (only cause I'd feel guilty). Some women deserve to help themselves and not recieve any from another :-) When you burn the bridge, you shouldn't expect someone to jump the gap to get to you.

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting FoodIsLife:

themissheather
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Gotcha. I believe that everyone should anyone that needs it, regardless.

Quoting KamWorthy:

There is, and that was the catalyst, but not what my post is about.

Quoting themissheather:

I would agree with that also. Was there a back story I missed?

Quoting KamWorthy:

Do yout think there is a special place in "hell" for people who show favoritism for one gender over another, no matter who may be in need?

Quoting themissheather:

I don't believe in Hell, but agree with the sentiment.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:07 PM
So you don't believe women deserve special treatment just because they are women? Are you a feminist?
Quoting FoodIsLife:

People should help people when they need it. There are some women I would not help unless it was life threatening (only cause I'd feel guilty). Some women deserve to help themselves and not recieve any from another :-) When you burn the bridge, you shouldn't expect someone to jump the gap to get to you.

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting FoodIsLife:

FoodIsLife
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I wouldn't say "special" treatment more than just "different" treatment. Men and women are different. They handle being helped and giving help differerntly. I'm a modernist. Women can do things for themselves, we have jobs and don't need permission to do things. I'm not about to take off my bra and burn it and tell men to go shove it and that I should be treated just like them in every way. And what you just asked is not how I took the quote.. Is that how you took it? That women should help other women because we need to be handled with gloves? I feel like we're on a different page. 

Quoting KamWorthy:

So you don't believe women deserve special treatment just because they are women? Are you a feminist?

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:34 PM
No that's not how I took it. I'm actually a Modernist as well. I was simply asking if you were a feminist, that's all.
Quoting FoodIsLife:

I wouldn't say "special" treatment more than just "different" treatment. Men and women are different. They handle being helped and giving help differerntly. I'm a modernist. Women can do things for themselves, we have jobs and don't need permission to do things. I'm not about to take off my bra and burn it and tell men to go shove it and that I should be treated just like them in every way. And what you just asked is not how I took the quote.. Is that how you took it? That women should help other women because we need to be handled with gloves? I feel like we're on a different page. 

Quoting KamWorthy:

FoodIsLife
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

oh, ok :-) so simply answered. No, I am not. I look too good in an apron ;-) 

Quoting KamWorthy:

No that's not how I took it. I'm actually a Modernist as well. I was simply asking if you were a feminist, that's all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN