Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"There is a special place in HELL for women.......

Posted by   + Show Post
who don't help other women". - Madeliene Albright (inspired by the spat between Tina Fey and Taylor Swift)....Thought?
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:41 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Donna6503:

What makes you think these women are going to Cleveland?  Detroit.

lga1965
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. ;-)

Quoting Donna6503:

What makes you think these women are going to Cleveland?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PamR
by Pam on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Taylor Swift needs to lighten up.  She's made a career writing songs about her breakups.  I think Madeline Albright's quote was probably directed at more significant issues than a Tina Fey joke.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:53 PM
Um ok...but what are your thoughts about M. Albrights quote?
Quoting PamR:

Taylor Swift needs to lighten up.  She's made a career writing songs about her breakups.  I think Madeline Albright's quote was probably directed at more significant issues than a Tina Fey joke.

Pema_Jampa
by SxyTaco on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't believe in hell. One's actions creates good and bad karma. 

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this
Me either.....I love being barefoot, and oh how I love having a door opened and my chair pulled out for me.
Quoting FoodIsLife:

oh, ok :-) so simply answered. No, I am not. I look too good in an apron ;-) 

Quoting KamWorthy:

No that's not how I took it. I'm actually a Modernist as well. I was simply asking if you were a feminist, that's all.

coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM
There are times I agree with her statement...in the helping part, not necessarily the hell part.

I think moms should help other moms. I think women should help each other in the workplace until we are finally seen as equally capable (in general, some women employees suck). Help people when they need it.

I think Taylor Swift chose a poor example to use as Tina Fey didn't say anything bad (IMO). Awhile ago someone here posted a meme of TS vs Miley Cyrus which proved that Miley is in fact, more of an innocent than man eating TS. But I know that's not what this was about.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I thinks it's great that you were intelligent enough to comprehend that the Hell portion was not literal. Some weren't...lol! But should it be in effect, help anyone in the workplace who's not being treated fairly?
Quoting coolmommy2x:

There are times I agree with her statement...in the helping part, not necessarily the hell part.

I think moms should help other moms. I think women should help each other in the workplace until we are finally seen as equally capable (in general, some women employees suck). Help people when they need it.

I think Taylor Swift chose a poor example to use as Tina Fey didn't say anything bad (IMO). Awhile ago someone here posted a meme of TS vs Miley Cyrus which proved that Miley is in fact, more of an innocent than man eating TS. But I know that's not what this was about.
coolmommy2x
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Thank you for the compliment!

Yes, anyone in a position to help someone else should. I think people tend to have a soft spot for people like them. For example, DS had a lousy 2nd grade teacher but as a fellow working mom, I cut her some slack because I knew she was having issues balancing everything. If I needed that help, i'd like to think another working mom would offer the same.

Quoting KamWorthy:

I thinks it's great that you were intelligent enough to comprehend that the Hell portion was not literal. Some weren't...lol! But should it be in effect, help anyone in the workplace who's not being treated fairly?

Quoting coolmommy2x:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Why would I help a woman just because we have the same gender?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)