Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

"White Boy Bleed Alot": 12-yr old White Boy Bullied- Killed: Media Hides Race of the Two Thugs Who Killed Him

Posted by   + Show Post

This is a further discussion on the thread of the boy that was beaten by 2 classmates & died.  I don't usually like to put up post about race, but since we are always seeing posts on what a White person has done to a Black person we need to hear the other stories. I feel that this needs to be brought up.  Justice has to be for ALL, not for just some. These 2 Black boys were only suspended for 2 days.  Why?  The Black communities are always angered about our Justice System.  How about this? 

1 of the 2 tormenters punched him so hard that he broke the boy's nose & left him with a concussion.  The school only suspended the boys for 2 days.  Questions are being raised that maybe it's the "Quotoas for Black discipline".  That Obama has implemented it in his "August Executive Order". 

I'm sure this thread will not get the proper discussion, but there will be angry posts towards me as usual.   But, for those that just want to discuss what is going on in America, why the Media is leaving out the race of these classmates.  Yet when it comes to stories of conerning violence & Whites, Whites are always in the title of a thread. 

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/03/06/media-hides-race-or-the-two-thugs-who-killed-him/

or try:

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/03/06/white-boy-bleed-alot-12-year-old-white-boy-

**As usual I'm having trouble with put up links, I will try to continue to fix this**

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:40 AM
Replies (611-620):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Are you asking me does it depend on the color of the person making the claim? The answer to that is no

Nothing in the definition of racism, or what I said suggest the color of the person making the remark, or the color of the target determines if it is racism.

Quoting masonmomma:

So if I claim im white than its not racist and if I claim im not it is?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

First lets define Racism because you seem to be over simplifying. .

rac·ism

[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

If your assumption falls into one of those three categories then yes. If it doesn't. No.

Quoting masonmomma:

Again....So when I make assumptions about white people based on the pattern and majority is it racist?

Yes or no

Quoting brookiecookie87:

I have answered your question. If you cannot understand it, or just deny

it because it is not the one you want that is not my problem.

I can re-explain it to you if you want. But I am not avoiding your questions at all.

And what are you rambling on about now? I never said there was a superior race.

I

never said someone should get away with anything because of their race.

If it turns out the attack was related to the death he should be

punished more. I am just stating we should not punish them before there

is anything connecting those two actions.

I have never supported murder. You are desperately grasping at straws now.

I have never said anyone should be given anything because of their race. Another desperate straw you are reaching for.

Calling

out your racism makes me as bad as a racist? If calling out your racism

makes me a bad person in your yeas-I can live with that.

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

masonmomma
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:28 AM
Your damn right 2 kids jumping one makes the 2 kids thugs regardless or their race. What's hilarious is that you said at one point ONE hit and now its a few. Further proves my point of lack of equality in how others are handeling this situation. Further twisting what I have said to try to paint me as a racist to please your ass backwards thinking does not make it so either.
and again, if it were medically related, they would have found the cause by now.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Because you are using those numbers to suggest people are thugs.

One kid pushed him, and the other hit him a few times in the face. That is enough for you to consider them thugs, and suggest they listen to gangster rap music, and wear being a thug as a badge?

You are rather presumptuous. Speaking of which.

You saying the autopsy will reveal the seizures were related to the hit doesn't make it so. You can believe it all you want but that does not make it so.

I never said you are racist because whatever you were just trying to say.

You are racist because you assume these two black kids listen to gangster rap, and that they wear being a thug as a badge of honor and that they are thugs. When all you know about them is that they are black, one pushed a kid, and the other hit him a few times.

Was that a stupid thing to do? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean their life history is filled with stupid or violent acts? No.

I am not asking you to believe every person is a Saint and is all good. But you should have more of a basis for judgements as hard as the ones you are handing out.

Quoting masonmomma:

Again, I fail to see where I have said all of them but in this instance, 2 black boys jumping a white boy doesn't seem to be proving me wrong now does it.

That autopsy will say head trauma. What do you do other than google education? You don't by any crazy chance work in the medical field do you? Cause I sure do and it will say head trauma. Again, if it were medical, they would have found that out by now.

Look, I am for equality. I support equality. I want that but yet protesting anything that doesn't support EQUALITY makes me a racist. You don't find that ass backwards.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Have you?

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.1525/sp.2011.58.2.257?uid=3739920&uid=2&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21101799213511

According to that 1 in 3 black men will go to prison in their lifetime. That's a huge number I agree. But to you does that mean we should label 3 out of 3 black men thugs?  Does 1/3 of them eventually receiving prison time mean that we should consider them all thugs, and if they are involved in something assume they are guilty before the investigation/information comes out?

Does that mean we shouldn't wait till the autopsy to punish these kids?

Quoting masonmomma:

Have either one of you ever even looked at crimes statistics? Ever sat in parking lots across town and just observed? Ever work in a jail? Or a juvenile unit?Or has it always been just a bubble and popular internet opinion? For fucks sake, did you even read obamas executive order or even affirmative action policies and you want to act like there is not a clear issue.

Quoting stacymomof2:

I don't even know how I can continue to be shocked at the things people say.  I don't know a single person in real life who would ever say that the "majority" of black people are thugs.  She must have a small circle.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
masonmomma
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM
Last line of #1....

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Are you asking me does it depend on the color of the person making the claim? The answer to that is no

Nothing in the definition of racism, or what I said suggest the color of the person making the remark, or the color of the target determines if it is racism.

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

rac·ism

[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun
a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

If your assumption falls into one of those three categories then yes. If it doesn't. No.

Quoting masonmomma:

Again....So when I make assumptions about white people based on the pattern and majority is it racist?

Yes or no

Quoting brookiecookie87:

I have answered your question. If you cannot understand it, or just deny

it because it is not the one you want that is not my problem.

I can re-explain it to you if you want. But I am not avoiding your questions at all.

And what are you rambling on about now? I never said there was a superior race.

I

never said someone should get away with anything because of their race.

If it turns out the attack was related to the death he should be

punished more. I am just stating we should not punish them before there

is anything connecting those two actions.

I have never supported murder. You are desperately grasping at straws now.

I have never said anyone should be given anything because of their race. Another desperate straw you are reaching for.

Calling

out your racism makes me as bad as a racist? If calling out your racism

makes me a bad person in your yeas-I can live with that.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:35 AM
1 mom liked this

Different reports suggest different things. I decided to go with the one that uses the most since that is what the newest ones suggest. How is that funny to you? Do you believe I should cling to outdated old information in the fast of new information?

It's kind of like at the start of the topic when everyone believed the 2 kids jump and killed the kid in the fight and only got a 2 day suspension because that is what the link Naturewoman4 posted says. Then we learned that only one kid hit him.

And later reports have said that the kid hit him a few times.

That is the way information works. As it comes out, what you say about it changes.

That has nothing to do with equality and everything to do with evidence and proof.

Proof came out that suggested he hit him more than once. So I changed my stance to he hit him more than once.

You ASSUME the hit is related to the death. You ASSUME he he is a thug. You ASSUME he listens to gangster rap. You ASSUME he wants to be a thug and wear it as a badge of honor.

There is nothing to back that up. If a report came out that the kid has a history of violent behavior and has gang tattoo's then yes I would change what I say about that as well. That is how information works.

That is not ass backwards. That is way information is suppose to work.

Your way is backwards. You have no proof for a lot of your assumptions. But you still cling to them as hard as you can.

Quoting masonmomma:

Your damn right 2 kids jumping one makes the 2 kids thugs regardless or their race. What's hilarious is that you said at one point ONE hit and now its a few. Further proves my point of lack of equality in how others are handeling this situation. Further twisting what I have said to try to paint me as a racist to please your ass backwards thinking does not make it so either.
and again, if it were medically related, they would have found the cause by now.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

One kid pushed him, and the other hit him a few times in the face. That is enough for you to consider them thugs, and suggest they listen to gangster rap music, and wear being a thug as a badge?

You saying the autopsy will reveal the seizures were related to the hit doesn't make it so. You can believe it all you want but that does not make it so.

You are racist because you assume these two black kids listen to gangster rap, and that they wear being a thug as a badge of honor and that they are thugs. When all you know about them is that they are black, one pushed a kid, and the other hit him a few times.

Was that a stupid thing to do? Absolutely. But that doesn't mean their life history is filled with stupid or violent acts? No.

I am not asking you to believe every person is a Saint and is all good. But you should have more of a basis for judgements as hard as the ones you are handing out.

Quoting masonmomma:

Again, I fail to see where I have said all of them but in this instance, 2 black boys jumping a white boy doesn't seem to be proving me wrong now does it.

That autopsy will say head trauma. What do you do other than google education? You don't by any crazy chance work in the medical field do you? Cause I sure do and it will say head trauma. Again, if it were medical, they would have found that out by now.

Look, I am for equality. I support equality. I want that but yet protesting anything that doesn't support EQUALITY makes me a racist. You don't find that ass backwards.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Have you?

http://www.jstor.org/discover/10.1525/sp.2011.58.2.257?uid=3739920&uid=2&uid=4&uid=3739256&sid=21101799213511

According to that 1 in 3 black men will go to prison in their lifetime. That's a huge number I agree. But to you does that mean we should label 3 out of 3 black men thugs?  Does 1/3 of them eventually receiving prison time mean that we should consider them all thugs, and if they are involved in something assume they are guilty before the investigation/information comes out?

Quoting masonmomma:

Have either one of you ever even looked at crimes statistics? Ever sat in parking lots across town and just observed? Ever work in a jail? Or a juvenile unit?Or has it always been just a bubble and popular internet opinion? For fucks sake, did you even read obamas executive order or even affirmative action policies and you want to act like there is not a clear issue.

Quoting stacymomof2:

I don't even know how I can continue to be shocked at the things people say.  I don't know a single person in real life who would ever say that the "majority" of black people are thugs.  She must have a small circle.

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

masonmomma
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:37 AM
It is highly, highly, unlikely especially considering there was known head trauma. But like I said, I will be happy to take the bash if it shows it was not head trauma. And if he did have a medical condition that the hits only aggravated, it doesn't make it any less of an issue. They should still be arrested for it. It would still be at least manslaughter.

Quoting Debmomto2girls:

Ummmm.. You are wrong. There are some conditions that can only be shown on autopsy. My gut is telling me it was the blow to the head but since it occurred a couple of days later, it might not and only an autopsy can confirm it. Also, he could have had an undiagnosed condition which could have been aggravated by the punch to the head.

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Have you?

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting katy_kay08:

following her convoluted logic we could draw the conclusion that most white people are violent sex offenders since the majority of them are white. 

I honestly hope the OP doesn't delete this post.  It will definitely get bumped the next time she "vents" that she doesn't know why people think she has a race problem.   I did get quite a kick out of the I'm more racist since Obama became President.  That was classic.  

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Nothing in last line of #1 suggest the remark depends on the color of the person making the remark, or the target.

Just that the person believes their own race (Could be any color) is superior and rule others.

Quoting masonmomma:

Last line of #1....

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

rac·ism

[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun

masonmomma
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:44 AM
So you went with the report that better backs up your own assumptions.

Fine fine, ill throw you a bone here. I was wrong about my other assumptions on why I called them thugs... you're right. Now, ill say they are thugs because they decided to jump another kid.

Nothing to do with equality? Have you read the executive orders? And you want to act like that is ok and could not possibly lead to thugs not getting in trouble when they should because they happen to be black. Have uyou read any affirmative action policies? Hell im pretty sure you also were involved in the post concerning employers no longer being able to use criminal records as a way or determining whether or not to hire. Those things are fair those things aren't racist?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Different reports suggest different things. I decided to go with the one that uses the most since that is what the newest ones suggest. How is that funny to you? Do you believe I should cling to outdated old information in the fast of new information?

It's kind of like at the start of the topic when everyone believed the 2 kids jump and killed the kid in the fight and only got a 2 day suspension because that is what the link Naturewoman4 posted says. Then we learned that only one kid hit him.

And later reports have said that the kid hit him a few times.

That is the way information works. As it comes out, what you say about it changes.

That has nothing to do with equality and everything to do with evidence and proof.

Proof came out that suggested he hit him more than once. So I changed my stance to he hit him more than once.

You ASSUME the hit is related to the death. You ASSUME he he is a thug. You ASSUME he listens to gangster rap. You ASSUME he wants to be a thug and wear it as a badge of honor.

There is nothing to back that up. If a report came out that the kid has a history of violent behavior and has gang tattoo's then yes I would change what I say about that as well. That is how information works.

That is not ass backwards. That is way information is suppose to work.

Your way is backwards. You have no proof for a lot of your assumptions. But you still cling to them as hard as you can.

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Have you?

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting stacymomof2:

masonmomma
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:45 AM
You're not serious are you?

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Nothing in last line of #1 suggest the remark depends on the color of the person making the remark, or the target.

Just that the person believes their own race (Could be any color) is superior and rule others.

Quoting masonmomma:

Last line of #1....

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting masonmomma:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

rac·ism

[rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Good post & I don't disagree.  Let's just say it is true that sometimes other news that is currently 'more important'??  to report is why other news aren't being reported.  Whatever sells.  We have been hearing so many issues in regards to race lately.  Yes, it has always been there.  Does that mean we sweep it under the rug. 

Is it best to just ignore it & not mention the race when we hear about crimes.  If so, & I'm not disagreeing, then we need to also NOT report the race of anyone.  Just the crime itself & to determine if it is bullying or in this case, a crime only.  But, since we are also hearing a lot about "hate crimes', then we either have to drop that altogether by ALL races, OR report it by ALL races.  Hope this makes sense.  This case imo, could be just a case of bullying that also lead to violence.  Question, do you feel that this case needs to be investigated as a hate crime?  Just asking.

Quoting mommajen32:

**sigh** 

The news cycle depends on what is hot at the moment. I would wonder if this story is being missed because of the history-making fillibuster that took place Thursday evening (and the events surrounding it). While school bullying, particularly one that resulted in the death of a student, is extremely tragic - extremely...the world of national news is based on what will sell/what will make people watch/buy ad space and also issues that are part of a larger american history. During slow news cycles this may have received more press. 

The sarcastic me is saying to you, "yes, you're right, you NEVER see persons of African descent in the news for crimes committed" **insert eyeroll**

The mother and mentor in me says, this is sad. The focus may be on bullying because it's a HUGE issue schools are addressing across the country. As we examine policies and prevention this is another example of how children are hurt to the extreme. Entering in additional information may take away from the broader issue/initiative that so many can relate to.

Last if the posts in here have white people in the title it's because white people are making them. If they are in the headlines of major newspapers, again, that is the work of ...non-persons of African descent aka white people. It's about what is hot. If the "race issue" were the hot topic of the time then the story would swing that way. 

Anyway you slice it, sad for all of the kids involved, their families and parents. 

Yeah, the issue with drones being able to attack American citizens without trial is a pretty big right now, I can certainly see why it took/is taking precedent ... as sad as this case is. 

Should we mention race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity, etc...? I believe when it is pertinent to the crime or if it is a description of a person that is still at-large - sure. However, in cases of person to person issues where race (or religion, sexual orientation, etc...) wasn't a factor in the crime, then no. I'm unsure how hate crimes are dealt with in the juvenile system. If it was a fist fight between 12 yo boys that don't like each other ...well... then that's all that needs to be said. If it is a case where a student was targeted BECAUSE OF race, religion, sexual orientation ...it becomes a key factor. Just because the kids were of different races there isn't automatically a "race issue." Make sense?

Bullying is the broader issue here, though again, we need to make sure that's also the case. I work with pre-teen and teenagers, a lot of kids claim they were bullied and I've listened to them run their mouths on people and I warn them they need to zip it. I had a kid recently tell a bunch of black kids they needed to "get back to the cotton field before I yank your chain - niggers" um yeah, he got his butt whooped. Do I condone the violence? Absolutely not. Do I understand that 14 yo boys reacted that way, absolutely. Is it bullying? 

Our local news did an expose on bullying in our school district, two of my girls went to the hospital for suicide attempts. One is back in right now - I took her to the hospital (with mom's consent) on Tuesday. Both are cutters and both are because of bullying. That's what I mean by a broader issue that schools are trying to deal with, it reaches a bigger audience by not making it about race and really addressing kids being cruel to each other - whether it's because of race, weight, economic level, gay or just being different. How do we respond? Race is just one of many causes. **I'll add both have really really awful home lives and are bullied at home more than any kid at school could do** Now can you see that it really doesn't matter that both are white? I can leave that out and it still is what it is. The kids teasing them are also white. Would it matter if they were black or hispanic? 

So that's my long answer, short answer is only when it's a key factor in the story. Many, many, many incidents happen on a local level that don't hit national news. 

mommajen32
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 12:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Naturewoman4:

Good post & I don't disagree.  Let's just say it is true that sometimes other news that is currently 'more important'??  to report is why other news aren't being reported.  Whatever sells.  We have been hearing so many issues in regards to race lately.  Yes, it has always been there.  Does that mean we sweep it under the rug. 

Is it best to just ignore it & not mention the race when we hear about crimes.  If so, & I'm not disagreeing, then we need to also NOT report the race of anyone.  Just the crime itself & to determine if it is bullying or in this case, a crime only.  But, since we are also hearing a lot about "hate crimes', then we either have to drop that altogether by ALL races, OR report it by ALL races.  Hope this makes sense.  This case imo, could be just a case of bullying that also lead to violence.  Question, do you feel that this case needs to be investigated as a hate crime?  Just asking.

Oh as for "hearing about" ..."hate crimes' that is a legal term and has a serious, serious scrutiny before being charged. It's not something that is dolled out willy-nilly. It's actually pretty difficult to have a crime charged as a "hate crime." I used to work with our local Human Rights Commission. 

It's like saying, "I'm tired of hearing of all these manslaughters ... aren't they all dead" ...when legally there is a distinction between manslaughter and murder. The reports are addressing a real legal distinction, what is sad isn't the fact that hate crimes are charged under the law ... it is sad that they happen. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN