Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

UGH - "T for Tolerance" (Not)

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Replies (41-50):
TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

??

Who said sex was "dirty"?  Certainly not me, nor anything remotely like it.   Sex is great, in its appropriate parameters.  But that doesn't mean I want my teens engaging in it when their focus should be school, and interest groups and sports. 

I'd love to see the reading comprehension scores of this group. 

Quoting mikiemom:

so you choose to be heterosexual? Oh and sex is not dirty, it's so sad that  you are teaching your children that it is.

Quoting TranquilMind:

They weren't born that way.  Choices were made.   Continually stating that unsupported and unsupportable premise that it is a random accident of birth and completely uncontrollable will not make it true. 

Yes, we all have consequences from all of our choices.    Some people might not like my choices, but they are mine to make and I will suffer or enjoy the consequences.   As will every other individual.  For example, I choose not to drink.  I have not had a drink in 20 years.  I never had to drink at all - I MADE A CHOICE and followed that choice up with many other similar choices -  and would not have had to suffer the consequences of getting to a place where I realized that drinking was not in my best interest.  It is a darn sight harder to stop something once you have submerged yourself into the lifestyle than it is to never start it in the first place. 

Quoting smalltowngal:

Implications? You mean whether or not they would be accepted by society? There is a section of society that won't accept them no matter what they choose since they can't get over the fact of how they were born.
Quoting TranquilMind:

Yes, they do have to choose.  It's not up to me what they choose, but they live with the implications of the choice, whatever they choose.

Quoting smalltowngal:

So do innersex people get to choose who they want to be? Do they only get to choose if they're 50/50 looks wise or genetic wise? If they're genetically one sex but physically another, do they have to go with genetics or chromosomes? Even if homosexuals are another form of innersex where they are chemically similar to the opposite sex, they still have to choose to be straight even though that will increase their suicide rates?
Quoting TranquilMind:

I don't believe that "hormonally" one is doomed to be gay any more than I believe that one is doomed to be an alcoholic.  Tendencies may be there, but YOU decide which way you go with them. You don't even have to take that first step. 

We do not say that people are born alcoholic (even though there may be some component, other than simply exposure to the behavior), and we encourage them to stop or never start.    

Very young children do NOT display "homosexual tendencies".  They aren't sexually aware before puberty, unless they have been molested.  Young children might display personality traits or characteristics generally observed on the opposite gender, however.  It depends on what you do with them and how they are encouraged or discouraged.  Some will just be, but that doesn't mean the kid will decide to take steps toward homosexual behavior.  He may or he may not.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Before I watch... am I going to want to gouge my ears with a rusty spoon?

Healthystart30
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Quoting TranquilMind:

Why is there homosexuality within other species, if it's nurture not nature that makes people gay? I'm prettu sure dolphins, horses and bats weren't sexually molested or exposed to sexual things at a young age. There is no switch to turn off! There have always, since the beginning of man kind been homosexuals!
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Actually statistically speaking gay men are at a higher risk for HIV than heterosexual men.

Quoting mikiemom:

HIV does not just strike the gay community anymore that thought process is well, just bigotted.

Quoting TranquilMind:

She found a lot of words that rhymed with "ate". 

She will be vilified here and in all of the mainstream media today, and she's just speaking the truth.

She's right that gays are pushing to be able to donate blood citing "discrimination", something that has been unthinkable since the 80's AIDS epidemic wiped out much of the promiscuous (mostly male) gay community.

Since the 1980s, when the AIDS epidemic decimated their community,gay men -- or MSMs (men who have sex with men) as they are called by federal agencies -have been disallowed from donating blood.In June, a group of 64 U.S. legislators led by Rep. Mike Quigley, D-Illinois, and Sen. John Kerry, D-Massachusetts, sent a letter to the Department of Health and Human Services encouraging it to move forward with a study that may lead to the end of the decades-old ban.

"We remain concerned that a blanket deferral of MSM for any length of time both perpetuates the unwarranted discrimination against the bisexual and gay community and prevents healthy men from donating blood without a definitive finding of added benefit to the safety of the blood supply," the letter said.

kailu1835
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Every single argument she uses can be turned right around and used on her.

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Sex is fine in any parameter - calling it fornicating is saying that sex is wrong - I feel sorry for  your children. Sexual represion sucks.

Quoting TranquilMind:

??

Who said sex was "dirty"?  Certainly not me, nor anything remotely like it.   Sex is great, in its appropriate parameters.  But that doesn't mean I want my teens engaging in it when their focus should be school, and interest groups and sports. 

Quoting mikiemom:

so you choose to be heterosexual? Oh and sex is not dirty, it's so sad that  you are teaching your children that it is.

Quoting TranquilMind:

They weren't born that way.  Choices were made.   Continually stating that unsupported and unsupportable premise that it is a random accident of birth and completely uncontrollable will not make it true. 

Yes, we all have consequences from all of our choices.    Some people might not like my choices, but they are mine to make and I will suffer or enjoy the consequences.   As will every other individual.  For example, I choose not to drink.  I have not had a drink in 20 years.  I never had to drink at all - I MADE A CHOICE and followed that choice up with many other similar choices -  and would not have had to suffer the consequences of getting to a place where I realized that drinking was not in my best interest.  It is a darn sight harder to stop something once you have submerged yourself into the lifestyle than it is to never start it in the first place. 

Quoting smalltowngal:

Implications? You mean whether or not they would be accepted by society? There is a section of society that won't accept them no matter what they choose since they can't get over the fact of how they were born.
Quoting TranquilMind:

Yes, they do have to choose.  It's not up to me what they choose, but they live with the implications of the choice, whatever they choose.

Quoting smalltowngal:

So do innersex people get to choose who they want to be? Do they only get to choose if they're 50/50 looks wise or genetic wise? If they're genetically one sex but physically another, do they have to go with genetics or chromosomes? Even if homosexuals are another form of innersex where they are chemically similar to the opposite sex, they still have to choose to be straight even though that will increase their suicide rates?
Quoting TranquilMind:

I don't believe that "hormonally" one is doomed to be gay any more than I believe that one is doomed to be an alcoholic.  Tendencies may be there, but YOU decide which way you go with them. You don't even have to take that first step. 

We do not say that people are born alcoholic (even though there may be some component, other than simply exposure to the behavior), and we encourage them to stop or never start.    

Very young children do NOT display "homosexual tendencies".  They aren't sexually aware before puberty, unless they have been molested.  Young children might display personality traits or characteristics generally observed on the opposite gender, however.  It depends on what you do with them and how they are encouraged or discouraged.  Some will just be, but that doesn't mean the kid will decide to take steps toward homosexual behavior.  He may or he may not.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:35 PM

Ok.. yeah.. no.

White girl, rapping, about intolerance... and can barely pronounce some of the words.

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

It is poor science to attribute human motivations into animal behavior.  It can be anything from dominance-submission behavior in herd hierarchy to unknown mental or other factors causing atypical behavior. 

What is irrational is evaluating amoral animal behavior by human moral standards.  Animals also kill their offspring sometimes or eat their young.  Animal species kill and eat each other.  Should we engage in that too because animals do it?

There has always been homosexual behavior, just as there has always been other behavior like rape, theft, getting high (on plants, before alcohol) and other behavioral choices as well. 

Quoting Healthystart30:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Why is there homosexuality within other species, if it's nurture not nature that makes people gay? I'm prettu sure dolphins, horses and bats weren't sexually molested or exposed to sexual things at a young age. There is no switch to turn off! There have always, since the beginning of man kind been homosexuals!

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Really? Sex is fine in ANY parameter, you say?   Incest is fine?   Adultery is fine?  Bestiality is just fine?   The Man-Boy Love Society is just fine with you?

Human sexuality has proper parameters.  If you don't, you should worry about your own children, not mine.

Quoting mikiemom:

Sex is fine in any parameter - calling it fornicating is saying that sex is wrong - I feel sorry for  your children. Sexual represion sucks.

Quoting TranquilMind:

??

Quoting mikiemom:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting smalltowngal:

Quoting TranquilMind:

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Things white girls should not do... ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured