Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Planting a garden

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM
  • 89 Replies

I know with all the weather systems and such that it might be a far thought from some minds about planting a garden and the like.

Do you plan on planting a garden this year or making other changes to be more self sufficient?

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM

YES..I want my victory garden! Tomatoes, cucumbers, red,green,yellow peppers, squash and then of course herbs.

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Awesome

Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

YES..I want my victory garden! Tomatoes, cucumbers, red,green,yellow peppers, squash and then of course herbs.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I probably won't since it looks like we'll be out of country for a year. When we get back, I will be doing a rather large one. We'll hopefully also build our greenhouse, expand our aquaponic system and maybe get some goats. I should be participating in a cow share by then where several families take turning milking a cow and splitting the milk.
ChancesMommy07
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Yep, we plant a big one every year. 

Matriarch87
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes we plant a huge garden every spring.  

Filled with tomatoes, garlic, all kinds of peppers, sweet corn, cucumbers, spinache, carrots and onions.  We were trying to get broccoli to sprout by the shed but I accidentally mowed it down, oopsies.  

I grow herbs year round in my kitchen...we also have grape vines, a pear tree, a cherry tree and a walnut tree.  Those things take care of themselves though and we just harvest the bounty : ) 

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I like that idea of cow share. Have fun on your excursion.

Quoting smalltowngal:

I probably won't since it looks like we'll be out of country for a year. When we get back, I will be doing a rather large one. We'll hopefully also build our greenhouse, expand our aquaponic system and maybe get some goats. I should be participating in a cow share by then where several families take turning milking a cow and splitting the milk.

IhaveHisjoy
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:13 PM

Where ya going?

Quoting smalltowngal:

"Our society strives to avoid any possibility of offending anyone- except God"...Billy Graham
stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:14 PM

I have to put up barricades when I plant away from the standard garden plot or else it gets mowed as well.

Quoting Matriarch87:

Yes we plant a huge garden every spring.  

Filled with tomatoes, garlic, all kinds of peppers, sweet corn, cucumbers, spinache, carrots and onions.  We were trying to get broccoli to sprout by the shed but I accidentally mowed it down, oopsies.  

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM
England. Waiting for final confirmation from hubby's business and details with how long we'll be there.
Quoting IhaveHisjoy:

Where ya going?

Quoting smalltowngal:

northernmommy
by Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 4:15 PM

dh and i plant 1 greenhouse of veggies and 3 of flowers at our store and do a garden at home. i'm trying to learn how to can to better utilize our garden

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)