Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Guns................I love them! EDITS************

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you own a gun!

Options:

Yes

No

Going to purchase

Will never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 104

View Results

I won't give up my guns! Not for you or anyone!

WOW....She has a way with words!!!!

Go ahead bash away.............You are not going to change me or my mind!

EDIT**

Why not teach the value of life? Instead of blaming guns for all the worlds problems? IF the government bans all guns from the American people, what about the military/lawmen? Shouldn't they be banned from guns as well? What happens when someone intrudes into your house? There are black markets and always will be.....those criminals aren't going to abide by the law! Why would they? They never did before why would they now?

Seriously WAKE up people!!! If Obama bans guns; why would he stop there? What will be the next to go? Can't you see what's happenin? Slowly he wants to take away the freedoms of America, while everyone is focused on the "shootings" he uses that for fresh ammo against gun owners!

Edit **2 All I am saying is I love my guns, I enjoy them and will not stand for people who call me phsyco or whatever. If people would rather just blame guns for all the problems of the world instead of teaching the value of life; well they are lazy! I hunt, shoot for the fun of it, and just really enjoy my freedom as an American and the 2nd Amendment to own my guns! The National Guard is NOT the militia that the 2nd Amendment is talking about, it is talking about the FREE PEOPLE!!! I don't care if you don't like guns/weapons, that is up to you. I don't care what you think of me, that's your opinion. I don't care if you just have a gun for home protection or hunting or fun?! But don't think this chick is going to give up her guns (freedom) without a fight! Oh and the "that locked door was there for you protection" is a picture of a WOMAN holding a revolver; not a man. I'm not judging you.....I'm just using my 1st Amendment to express my 2nd Amendment!!! EDIT***3 I don't shoot at just anyone that comes up to my door....I make sure they are friend or foe...Where I live everybody knows everybody (we live in a very small community) so if I don't know someone I'm going to be cautious.

Lets give it up to the women who shoot!! 

Check out our sister site--> @[169556576526366:274:Women's Shooting Network]

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Replies (11-20):
TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:09 PM

Quoting Sekirei:

I was diagnosed with paranoia and anxiety a few years ago. i don't trust people.. the fact that people are allowed to carry around guns concealed does not help that issue any. It is hard to leave my house. 

My dad and FIL are also retired military. DH is military as well. 

Oh, I see. That explains a lot. I'm sure if I had paranoia or anxiety issues I would see things differently.

Have you been able to have some talk therapy sessions to help with the paranoia and anxiety? My sister has anxiety and OCD. She has taken medications and also had talk therapy. The talk therapy helped her to work though a lot of those issues.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I cannot imagine not being able to leave my home or having such difficulty with trusting people.

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I like the last one.  A guy down the road from us has a sign

All theives will be shot, survivors will be reshot

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting Sekirei:

I was diagnosed with paranoia and anxiety a few years ago. i don't trust people.. the fact that people are allowed to carry around guns concealed does not help that issue any. It is hard to leave my house. 

My dad and FIL are also retired military. DH is military as well. 

Oh, I see. That explains a lot. I'm sure if I had paranoia or anxiety issues I would see things differently.

Have you been able to have some talk therapy sessions to help with the paranoia and anxiety? My sister has anxiety and OCD. She has taken medications and also had talk therapy. The talk therapy helped her to work though a lot of those issues.

I'm sorry you are going through this. I cannot imagine not being able to leave my home or having such difficulty with trusting people.

I was seeing a psychiatrist and therapist in Hawaii.. however, it is hard to get an appt with either here in killeen.. Ft Hood has the highest number of spousal suicide or suicide attempts in the army, so, they are pretty much flooded. (Ft Hood is the black hole of the army)

I am also on medication for it. but, because I can't see a psychiatrist, I am stuck at the same dose until the army doctors call me... (-_-) so, no medication managment.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this

So, the OP has not come back in yet with more guns blazing? lol

I own a gun.  I am not so over confident and arrogant, however.

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I loved going hunting when I was little.  I was never allowed to shoot or hold the rifle...but my dad and uncles would let us shoot at things in a controlled area every now and then.  It was fun.

I would join the local shooting club if it wasnt so damn expensive LOL

Guns in my home would be a no no....but if I lived in america...I would have an arsenal :-)  Too many crazies with them and I may as well join them.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I think someone that bans guns or ammo from their home when their spouse earns a salary is sad.   It is pitiful that someone thinks they are more important than the person actually supporting the family with income.

Quoting Sekirei:

Sadly, yes... My  husband wanted one.

However, he is not allowed to keep the ammo in the house. So.. I guess we both win. 

I also consider people who own more than one gun incredibly paranoid and probably need more psychiatric help than I do.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:20 PM
1 mom liked this

So.. his right to own a gun trumps my right to feel safe??? 

Quoting talia-mom:

I think someone that bans guns or ammo from their home when their spouse earns a salary is sad.   It is pitiful that someone thinks they are more important than the person actually supporting the family with income.

Quoting Sekirei:

However, he is not allowed to keep the ammo in the house. So.. I guess we both win. 

I also consider people who own more than one gun incredibly paranoid and probably need more psychiatric help than I do.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I am not getting into who trumps.  I just think it is pitiful the person supporting family doesn't have as much of a right to have things as you do.

I think he should be able to have the gun even if you are uncomfortable.   Guns don't just go off and kill people.

Quoting Sekirei:

So.. his right to own a gun trumps my right to feel safe??? 

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting Sekirei:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting Sekirei:

Just because one brings in the money does not mean that person has the final say so on any and all things.

This way of thinking falls in line with how my ex husband thought and how he 'ran' the household and his 'family'.  No good comes from this attitude.  

SoKamele
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Well........I certainly like my guns.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)