Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Guns................I love them! EDITS************

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you own a gun!

Options:

Yes

No

Going to purchase

Will never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 104

View Results

I won't give up my guns! Not for you or anyone!

WOW....She has a way with words!!!!

Go ahead bash away.............You are not going to change me or my mind!

EDIT**

Why not teach the value of life? Instead of blaming guns for all the worlds problems? IF the government bans all guns from the American people, what about the military/lawmen? Shouldn't they be banned from guns as well? What happens when someone intrudes into your house? There are black markets and always will be.....those criminals aren't going to abide by the law! Why would they? They never did before why would they now?

Seriously WAKE up people!!! If Obama bans guns; why would he stop there? What will be the next to go? Can't you see what's happenin? Slowly he wants to take away the freedoms of America, while everyone is focused on the "shootings" he uses that for fresh ammo against gun owners!

Edit **2 All I am saying is I love my guns, I enjoy them and will not stand for people who call me phsyco or whatever. If people would rather just blame guns for all the problems of the world instead of teaching the value of life; well they are lazy! I hunt, shoot for the fun of it, and just really enjoy my freedom as an American and the 2nd Amendment to own my guns! The National Guard is NOT the militia that the 2nd Amendment is talking about, it is talking about the FREE PEOPLE!!! I don't care if you don't like guns/weapons, that is up to you. I don't care what you think of me, that's your opinion. I don't care if you just have a gun for home protection or hunting or fun?! But don't think this chick is going to give up her guns (freedom) without a fight! Oh and the "that locked door was there for you protection" is a picture of a WOMAN holding a revolver; not a man. I'm not judging you.....I'm just using my 1st Amendment to express my 2nd Amendment!!! EDIT***3 I don't shoot at just anyone that comes up to my door....I make sure they are friend or foe...Where I live everybody knows everybody (we live in a very small community) so if I don't know someone I'm going to be cautious.

Lets give it up to the women who shoot!! 

Check out our sister site--> @[169556576526366:274:Women's Shooting Network]

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Replies (201-207):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 11, 2013 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Sheebus, you should see Texas drivers when it just sprinkles.  It's like mass hysteria on the roads.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

It's no easier in Jersey- esp those PA drivers!!!!!

Quoting soonergirl980:

People with cars scare me. People in Virginia do not know how to merge!

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Who's blaming guns for the problems? It's the people who own the guns that scare the be-jezes outta me!

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 11, 2013 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Our newspaper's inclined to get into that kind of silliness... 

'Terror in the Streets!!!' it read, on the day after it snowed an inch.

Quoting LauraKW:

Sheebus, you should see Texas drivers when it just sprinkles.  It's like mass hysteria on the roads.

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

It's no easier in Jersey- esp those PA drivers!!!!!

Quoting soonergirl980:

People with cars scare me. People in Virginia do not know how to merge!

Quoting Ms.KitKat:

Who's blaming guns for the problems? It's the people who own the guns that scare the be-jezes outta me!

Billiejeens
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:22 PM

Off topic, and ignorant.

Quoting steffielou_who:

Obama is the antichrist! Didn't you folks know? He is also black.. He will ruin everything!

AliKatAK47
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:25 PM

The one with the kid reaching for the gun and it saying "gun violence" makes no sense. Is someone going to shoot him for snooping through their things.  Accident =/= violence. That's like saying car accidents are "Vehicle violence"

Quoting lga1965:

What a cute sweet screen name.....But it doesn't seem to be YOUR style at all.

The Miranda Lambert and the person pointing a gun at us make me want to vomit.

More guns mean more accidental shootings and more crime.

lga1965
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM
I think it means the kid will get the gun and accidentally shoot himself.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

The one with the kid reaching for the gun and it saying "gun violence" makes no sense. Is someone going to shoot him for snooping through their things.  Accident =/= violence. That's like saying car accidents are "Vehicle violence"

Quoting lga1965:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:27 PM

I have more than one gun and I am far from paranoid. I just love going to the range and shooting (Blame the Boy Scouts).  I also have bows and arrows. 

Quoting Sekirei:

Sadly, yes... My  husband wanted one.

However, he is not allowed to keep the ammo in the house. So.. I guess we both win. 

I also consider people who own more than one gun incredibly paranoid and probably need more psychiatric help than I do.

AliKatAK47
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:28 PM

That's precisely what it says. But that isn't violence. Unless he is intentionally shooting himself (ie. committing suicide).

Quoting lga1965:

I think it means the kid will get the gun and accidentally shoot himself.

Quoting AliKatAK47:

Quoting lga1965:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)