Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Guns................I love them! EDITS************

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do you own a gun!

Options:

Yes

No

Going to purchase

Will never

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 104

View Results

I won't give up my guns! Not for you or anyone!

WOW....She has a way with words!!!!

Go ahead bash away.............You are not going to change me or my mind!

EDIT**

Why not teach the value of life? Instead of blaming guns for all the worlds problems? IF the government bans all guns from the American people, what about the military/lawmen? Shouldn't they be banned from guns as well? What happens when someone intrudes into your house? There are black markets and always will be.....those criminals aren't going to abide by the law! Why would they? They never did before why would they now?

Seriously WAKE up people!!! If Obama bans guns; why would he stop there? What will be the next to go? Can't you see what's happenin? Slowly he wants to take away the freedoms of America, while everyone is focused on the "shootings" he uses that for fresh ammo against gun owners!

Edit **2 All I am saying is I love my guns, I enjoy them and will not stand for people who call me phsyco or whatever. If people would rather just blame guns for all the problems of the world instead of teaching the value of life; well they are lazy! I hunt, shoot for the fun of it, and just really enjoy my freedom as an American and the 2nd Amendment to own my guns! The National Guard is NOT the militia that the 2nd Amendment is talking about, it is talking about the FREE PEOPLE!!! I don't care if you don't like guns/weapons, that is up to you. I don't care what you think of me, that's your opinion. I don't care if you just have a gun for home protection or hunting or fun?! But don't think this chick is going to give up her guns (freedom) without a fight! Oh and the "that locked door was there for you protection" is a picture of a WOMAN holding a revolver; not a man. I'm not judging you.....I'm just using my 1st Amendment to express my 2nd Amendment!!! EDIT***3 I don't shoot at just anyone that comes up to my door....I make sure they are friend or foe...Where I live everybody knows everybody (we live in a very small community) so if I don't know someone I'm going to be cautious.

Lets give it up to the women who shoot!! 

Check out our sister site--> @[169556576526366:274:Women's Shooting Network]

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:25 PM
Replies (41-50):
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:11 PM
1 mom liked this

If everyone who owns more than one gun were a loose cannon going around killing people there would be very few people left and the whole country would be one big bloodbath.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting TruthSeeker.:

Quoting Sekirei:

Sadly, yes... My  husband wanted one.

However, he is not allowed to keep the ammo in the house. So.. I guess we both win. 

I also consider people who own more than one gun incredibly paranoid and probably need more psychiatric help than I do.

Why do you assume those with more than one gun needs psychiatric help? Different guns have different uses. You have more than one type of knife, right? Paring, steak, butter?  My handgun is in my safe for home protection. My AR-15 is my range rifle. We have shotguns for skeet shooting and others for hunting. Some guns that are antiques and were passed down and others that are just fun to shoot. We aren't paranoid people. We use our weapons for sport.

Because I have never known anyone who has more than one that owns them for anything other than "ARRRR, I HAVE GUNS" or they think they need the protection. So, paranoia.. and yes, I am also paranoid. 

I don't trust people who own more than one gun. I barely trust my father and FIL. 

I agree.

The only person I ever knew personally who had many guns was my SIL's husband . And one day when he got passed over for a promotion, he got one of his guns and shot himself ( fatally)

Others I haven't known personally who make the news have many guns and they usually shoot family members,or just create random shooting incidents .....after which the authorities find that there were many guns, less or no mental stability.

I know hunters who have one hunting rifle that they take out of their gun safes in the fall for a few weeks and that is their only need for a weapon.

charleyd68
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:14 PM

For real,I grew up around guns,My Dad was career ARMY. My three siblings went to the army,west point and army, respectively. I have NO problem with mature,sane and responsible people that own guns,however gun control has to come into play,mentally unbalanced people should not have access to guns. A young Lady with a history of schizophrenia walked into a store and brought a gun,went to a mall and killed several people. Even in her warped mind, she is suing the state for allowing her to get a gun.Also,Owning a gun(s) is far different then having an arsenal,if you(in general)can't put  an assailant down with one gun,your SOL.

steffielou_who
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Obama is the antichrist! Didn't you folks know? He is also black.. He will ruin everything!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
UpSheRises
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 dogs and i really enjoyed the salad i had for dinner.

It's such a shame lettuce doesn't dehydrate, rather rehydrate, well...you can get such a good deal on it sometimes but how many heads of it can you use before it goes bad, KIWM? I guess if we were salad every night people i'd always be able to get the good deal but since were not

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM

So are you in fear that you will kill yourself or others? 

Quoting Sekirei:

I am fucking nuts. .. seriously, I am mentally ill 

Quoting soonergirl980:

ok you peaked my curiosity why can't you keep ammo in the house?

Quoting Sekirei:

Sadly, yes... My  husband wanted one.

However, he is not allowed to keep the ammo in the house. So.. I guess we both win. 

I also consider people who own more than one gun incredibly paranoid and probably need more psychiatric help than I do.

krysstizzle
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Huh, I must have missed the legislation banning all guns. 

Do you have a link to that?

katy_kay08
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:31 PM
1 mom liked this

thank you for the crazy cake post that solidifies my opinion that more needs to be done to prevent guns from getting into the hands of the mentally imbalanced.  

No one is even considering a ban on all guns.  

Quoting HuggaBug1991:

I won't give up my guns! Not for you or anyone!

WOW....She has a way with words!!!!

Go ahead bash away.............You are not going to change me or my mind!

EDIT**

Why not teach the value of life? Instead of blaming guns for all the worlds problems? IF the government bans all guns from the American people, what about the military/lawmen? Shouldn't they be banned from guns as well? What happens when someone intrudes into your house? There are black markets and always will be.....those criminals aren't going to abide by the law! Why would they? They never did before why would they now?

Seriously WAKE up people!!! If Obama bans guns; why would he stop there? What will be the next to go? Can't you see what's happenin? Slowly he wants to take away the freedoms of America, while everyone is focused on the "shootings" he uses that for fresh ammo against gun owners!

katy_kay08
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM

her "link" is a rather convoluted trip down the rabbit hole.  Not sure you would want to even attempt to follow her there.  ;)

Quoting krysstizzle:

Huh, I must have missed the legislation banning all guns. 

Do you have a link to that?

LucyMom08
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Who, exactly, is trying to take away your guns?

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Now there is a well thought out brilliant reply.  Where is that sarcasm font?

Quoting steffielou_who:

Obama is the antichrist! Didn't you folks know? He is also black.. He will ruin everything!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)