Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Q: What do these "Patriotic" Americans have in common? Answer inside. LOL

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Replies (21-30):
AdrianneHill
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:14 PM
4 moms liked this
They weren't hippies, just cowards. People who believe that war is an American pastime but believe it is the call of others to fight for them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Oh so you can't strongly support war or the military unless you youself have served? Frankly if they didn't want to serve then I'm glad they didn't. I don't like the draft, but that doesn't mean that you can't support military actions.

Quoting stacymomof2:

No, she is saying they are chickenhawks.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Are you saying you cannot be patriotic unless you serve?

KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:50 PM
love it!
mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

If Donald Trump fell hair first into a volcano, I'd be ok with that. 

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Well Bill O-Reily like Clinton was a student spending part of that time in England during Vietman he was no more a "draft dodger" than Clinton. By the time he graduated the MansField Amendment had passed. Rove was also a student.

Romney was a mormon missionary therefore exempt form the draft.

Rush was on a medical deferment.

All legal deferments

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Might help if you knew what a draft dodger was. 

A draft dodger is some one who legally drafted yet, for what ever reasons, illegally avoided the draft.

I don't honestly know if any one pictured did this or not.

I just dislike Ted N and would not be surprised in the least if he turned tail and ran.

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Again the point flies over your head.

There is a HUGE difference in someone who strongly supports war and hasn't served and someone who strongly supports wars but purposely avoids being drafted.

Do you understand the difference I am trying to point out?

Quoting soonergirl980:

Oh so you can't strongly support war or the military unless you youself have served? Frankly if they didn't want to serve then I'm glad they didn't. I don't like the draft, but that doesn't mean that you can't support military actions.

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting soonergirl980:

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting AdrianneHill:

They weren't hippies, just cowards. People who believe that war is an American pastime but believe it is the call of others to fight for them.

Well said. I'd like this 100 x if I could. I'd put in on a bumper sticker on my car. Those who are quick to start wars or approve wars, are quick to send others to fight in their stead. 

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Lots of people where on college, medical, and religious deferments that does not forever void them of having an opinion on war.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

There is a HUGE difference in someone who strongly supports war and hasn't served and someone who strongly supports wars but purposely avoids being drafted.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting soonergirl980:

lga1965
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Quoting beesbad:

As president of the United States and Commander in Chief is Obama a patriot? Is he a draft dodger? Or does this test only apply to conservative republicans?

The Draft ended in 1973 . The draft didn't exist when Obama was of the age where he could have been drafted,so he's not a "draft dodger".

These other men were of age to be drafted but mangaed to avoid it.They think they are justified to participate in policy making or to speak about Patriotism...but they didn't serve . They dodged the Draft.

SEE?

brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I think you have misunderstood.

No one has said that they are void from having an opinion on war.

People were just pointing out what all these guys who favor war have in common-That they could not be part of it.

Quoting soonergirl980:

Lots of people where on college, medical, and religious deferments that does not forever void them of having an opinion on war.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting soonergirl980:

Quoting stacymomof2:

Quoting soonergirl980:

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)