Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who think the govt is trying to take away your guns, an honest question

Posted by   + Show Post

Do you realize that since Obama has been in office gun sales have reached record highs? There's nothing wrong with that but let's just think about it. Has it ever occurred to you that there are those who are profiting by lying and exaggerating and keeping the lie alive? The NRA, gun manufacturers and sellers are reaping big profits by whipping up a frenzy that Obama is out to get your guns. Has it ever occurred to you that they are manipulating you for their own gain? 

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
KreatingMe
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:42 AM
2 moms liked this

You should have seen what one mom posted, a while back. How she keeps loaded guns  around her house in various places in case of an intruder. She said they wouldn't do any good locked away. She was completely unapologetic, unconcerned that she did this while having young children in the house. She was smug about it. I think it's so sad that her agenda overrides her common sense and the well being of her children. It's one of the few things I've read on here that gave me chills. 

Quoting turtle68:

I love living here :-)  I love our restrictions...they have helped our society, saved lots of lives.

We dont have "accidental" child deaths every day of the year (make that centuries)  People hunt and STILL we dont have "accidental" deaths....People shoot guns for fun at gun ranges....and YET STILL NO "accidental" deaths at home. 

NOBODY I have known who hunts or has them because they are farmers, and there are lots, as I grew up on farms and hunting....has ever used them as a means of self defense.  After they hunt or shoot at the range they are packed away until the next time.  They dont keep them on the ready to shoot a wouldbe intruder. 

Quoting grandmab125:

Taken with a grain of salt written by an Austrailian.  Austrailia, where only 5.2% of the population has a gun permit, because of extremely restrictive gun laws.  For everyones' edification:

Before someone can buy a firearm, he or she must obtain a Permit To Acquire. The first permit has a mandatory 28-day delay before it is first issued. In some states (e.g., Queensland, Victoria, and New South Wales), this is waived for second and subsequent firearms of the same class. For each firearm a "Genuine Reason" must be given, relating to pest control, hunting, target shooting, or collecting. Self-defense is not accepted as a reason for issuing a license, even though it may be legal under certain circumstances to use a legally held firearm for self-defense.[2]

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting KreatingMe:

Quoting turtle68:

It occurred to me :-)  and I dont even live in your country LOL

The frenzied and scared have historically always been the people that can be corralled the easiest.

I don't understand how anyone can miss it. It seems so obvious. Many times when there's a group perpetuating a need or a fear, it's the same people profiting off of it. Not to mention the whole thing is built on a huge lie. Obama isn't going to take away anyone's guns. Anything his administration is proposing would start in the future. No one's guns are going to be retro actively banned or removed from their possession. That statement is so ignorant and false. It's the lie that keeps the fear going. 

Its easy to believe the lie when you LIKE the lie.  Makes one clutch that gun that little bit harder with a well deserved smirk on their face...as if to say "just try and take it"  People on here post and boast about Obama being the best gun salesman in the world.  They are the ones who are feeding the fear...they love it.

The gun owners who are intelligent enough to know that this is a big fat lie....have guns...are happy with their gun and dont really feel the need to go ape everytime a anti gun post is posted.  Smart people.

Plus it really does help your (general) cause if it so happens that you are a religious nutjob and hate black people.  Then this gun lie is like Christmas all year round   JMO of course LOL

turtle68
by Mahinaarangi on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM

IMO those types of people will shoot anyone who was popping by to say hello...too scared.  Their kids may make it to adulthood, but it wont be because they are well trained and versed in gun safety it will be because of luck.

Us kids we were well versed in not touching guns.  Didnt stop my brother from hunting down the three pieces needed to put together my fathers rifle...thankfully no bullets.  He was 9 at the time and just downright curious about how things went together.  He also put together a bazooka.  Those pieces were actually hidden in the roof of our home.  Where there is a will there is a way.  The rest of us couldnt have cared less that there was a rifle in the house.

Quoting KreatingMe:

You should have seen what one mom posted, a while back. How she keeps loaded guns  around her house in various places in case of an intruder. She said they wouldn't do any good locked away. She was completely unapologetic, unconcerned that she did this while having young children in the house. She was smug about it. I think it's so sad that her agenda overrides her common sense and the well being of her children. It's one of the few things I've read on here that gave me chills. 

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Apparently not well versed enough. All my kids have been handling guns all their lives and yet not a single one has touched one when they weren't supposed to. They don't need to "find" them they know exactly where they are heck 3 of them are "theirs" yet not a touch among them unless they were told to.

Quoting turtle68:

IMO those types of people will shoot anyone who was popping by to say hello...too scared.  Their kids may make it to adulthood, but it wont be because they are well trained and versed in gun safety it will be because of luck.

Us kids we were well versed in not touching guns.  Didnt stop my brother from hunting down the three pieces needed to put together my fathers rifle...thankfully no bullets.  He was 9 at the time and just downright curious about how things went together.  He also put together a bazooka.  Those pieces were actually hidden in the roof of our home.  Where there is a will there is a way.  The rest of us couldnt have cared less that there was a rifle in the house.

Quoting KreatingMe:

BaronSamedi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:02 PM

No the facts are that Obama is out to get rid of the 1st and 2nd amendments.    The reason the gun sales are up is because the Obama machine is buying the politicians to vote restrictions.   The American people have already lost much of the 1st amendment as the anti-terorist legislation has robbed the individul of the rights to trial a person accused of terrorists activities.  Because some people are scared of guns they want to make everyone disarmed and it is a political process.

LuvmyAiden
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Really? The ammo shortage manufactured by the govt. is caused by the NRA? The fact that dealers and manufacturers are LOSING money because they have no inventory to sell is thier own doing? I'm not saying the industry hasn't profited but it is suffering with a pretty severe shortage right now and many dealers are paying for that in the pocketbook. It isn't quite as simple as many think it is unfortunately.

BaronSamedi
by Bronze Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:19 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes they can.  by breeding fear among th urban population.  Many Americans have not even fired a gun.  The problem is that it is an item that when one needs it they cannot get it.  Obama wants to ban the modern rifle.  the premise is that they look like military rifles.  These rifles are superior in usage and design to what came before. 

The first step is attacking the right to choose the gun of the buyer's choice.  Then they want to restrict the amount of the magazines.  This is a classic political ploy.  Start with a one item that can get the public to be mob action.  look at what happens on the Internet mob action by tweets,etc.  The Dems are using fear to prosecute their long term plan. 

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:21 PM

Interesting thought, OP.

I shall have to read through the thread.

momtimesx4
by Silver Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:21 PM

Government does not have to take them away.  The government has drones operating in the U.S. now.

Also, you can have the guns but no ammo.  Ammo is sold out and the government is the number one buyer with DHS buying 1.6 billion rounds.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Hell this is making me want to stock up on ammunition simply because they are ALWAYS sold out. How am I supposed to shoot coyote and rabbit if people keep buying ammunition to hoard? I actually NEED it. blah!

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Mar. 7, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Are you really telling me that farmers in Australia don't have guns to shoot predators???

Quoting turtle68:

I love living here :-)  I love our restrictions...they have helped our society, saved lots of lives.

We dont have "accidental" child deaths every day of the year (make that centuries)  People hunt and STILL we dont have "accidental" deaths....People shoot guns for fun at gun ranges....and YET STILL NO "accidental" deaths at home. 

NOBODY I have known who hunts or has them because they are farmers, and there are lots, as I grew up on farms and hunting....has ever used them as a means of self defense.  After they hunt or shoot at the range they are packed away until the next time.  They dont keep them on the ready to shoot a wouldbe intruder. 

Quoting grandmab125:

Taken with a grain of salt written by an Austrailian.  Austrailia, where only 5.2% of the population has a gun permit, because of extremely restrictive gun laws.  For everyones' edification:

Before someone can buy a firearm, he or she must obtain a Permit To Acquire. The first permit has a mandatory 28-day delay before it is first issued. In some states (e.g., Queensland, Victoria, and New South Wales), this is waived for second and subsequent firearms of the same class. For each firearm a "Genuine Reason" must be given, relating to pest control, hunting, target shooting, or collecting. Self-defense is not accepted as a reason for issuing a license, even though it may be legal under certain circumstances to use a legally held firearm for self-defense.[2]

Quoting turtle68:

Quoting KreatingMe:

Quoting turtle68:

It occurred to me :-)  and I dont even live in your country LOL

The frenzied and scared have historically always been the people that can be corralled the easiest.

I don't understand how anyone can miss it. It seems so obvious. Many times when there's a group perpetuating a need or a fear, it's the same people profiting off of it. Not to mention the whole thing is built on a huge lie. Obama isn't going to take away anyone's guns. Anything his administration is proposing would start in the future. No one's guns are going to be retro actively banned or removed from their possession. That statement is so ignorant and false. It's the lie that keeps the fear going. 

Its easy to believe the lie when you LIKE the lie.  Makes one clutch that gun that little bit harder with a well deserved smirk on their face...as if to say "just try and take it"  People on here post and boast about Obama being the best gun salesman in the world.  They are the ones who are feeding the fear...they love it.

The gun owners who are intelligent enough to know that this is a big fat lie....have guns...are happy with their gun and dont really feel the need to go ape everytime a anti gun post is posted.  Smart people.

Plus it really does help your (general) cause if it so happens that you are a religious nutjob and hate black people.  Then this gun lie is like Christmas all year round   JMO of course LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured