Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

North Korea Vows To Attack USA !!!

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 5:43 AM
Replies (91-100):
carlyshort
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:38 AM
The leader has the money. He just doesn't care about his people. That is why he keeps them in the dark, they become complacent.

Quoting suetoo:

From what I understand, their people as a country are on the verge of starvation. I saw a satellite picture of North and South Korea at night. The south was lit up with lights, and the north was essentially dark, no electricity. I would worry about the nuclear threat more if they could feed their people.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
carlyshort
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:43 AM
The problem with brats and wives: they are typically the one's who are always violating opsec.

The fact her screen name is her first name middle initial or initial to her maiden name and her last name

Anyone stumbling upon this group could be able to determine everything about her a pose based on the info she gave.

(I am not a spouse. I am a US airman)

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

No she didn't.  You are just wound too damn tight.

I was born a military brat and am now a military wife.  Actually considered being a JAG but my medical issues sadly won't allow that.  Long Story short I have been "in" the military life one way or another for 27 years... I know what OPSEC is. 

We won't agree on this so have a good day!

Quoting brookiecookie87:

She did violate Opsec.

If you have never been briefed on it-How do you know she hasn't violated anything in it? Just a random guess?

You don't have to be giving away secrets and confidential information to be violating Opsec.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

You do realize that you can simply do a Google search and find where INTEL units are at in the US?  It's not a secret...  You can also get a list of all US military bases and what units are there and what they focus on and where they train... Geez, just pick up a Marine Corps Times or Army Times... 

She didn't violate OPSEC with anything she said.  I already knew everything she stated and my husband isn't INTEL. 

Quoting brookiecookie87:

OpSec isn't just about classified information.

You practically did give away his Unit and his name. A quick search on the inernet turns up where you are. Which narrow downs which unit he is in. You say he is a Senior Intelligence Agent and now someone can pin point exactly where one of the intelligent units are located.

Just using the internet I can also see where you have previously lived.  So not only do I know your current location so I know exactly where an INTEL unit is located I see your past locations.

So I can guess where he was trained as well.

Again. He should know better and you should know better.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Did I list his unit? His name? His mission? Or anything else? Nope sure didn't. That is not a violation. Good lord you people freak out over needless crap. The information I gave is on no way classified. It's fine if you choose not to list what the person in your life does. I don't have to be that paranoid. Just curious. Is this person Army? I find they seem to be incredibly OPSEC intense. Not a bad thing, but when they freak out over things that are not a violation it is just, well. Wow. 

Quoting eema.gray:

If your husband is who you say, he just violated OPSEC in a major way. I won't list credentials or experience of the person in my life who is at least as familiar with OPSEC as your husband should be but really, you should know better.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Um no, the drug industry is certainly not made up. However, if you think anyone could smuggle a nuke or any radio active element into the U.S. you are watching too many movies. What do you think the C.I.A. D.I.A  Homeland Security and other various undocumented agencies do? Got news. They know exactly where the nukes are and the components for them. Not to mention their signatures are detectible. North Korea doesn't have the money to pull off something of that nature or the resources. The middle east certainly has the money, but we are far too embedded there for them to pull it off. We pay loads of money to informants to make sure we have this information.

Ps. The movie comment came from my DH. I showed him the post and all he could do was laugh. That was his response. I agreed. The ground is not less detectable, that's the fastest way to get busted. It makes for awesome movies, but it isn't realistic. Worry about Iran, and the Middle East.

Side Note. This is my husbands job. He is a Sr. Intelligence Agt. He isn't talking out of his ass. 

Quoting brookiecookie87:

You think the drug/smuggling industry is fake and made up?

Or you don't believe it is possible that if a nation is saying they will nuke us, and they have nukes that they would be willing to send it on the ground?

Do you think they look at each other and say, "No! We must send it via a missle. The ground might be easier. More reliable. Less detectable. Will give them zero warning. But lets send it using a missle! Let's ignore that would give them warning. Lets ignore that they might knock it down mid flight. We can only do it using a missle!".

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

You watch way too many movies. Lol

Quoting brookiecookie87:

People are smuggled into our country all the time. Drugs are smuggled into our country all the time. Animals are smuggled into our country all the time. You don't think it is possible that North Korea could do the same and then set the nuke off some where?

They have the ability to get a nuke to our shores. They just don't have the ability to do it via a missle.

Quoting romalove:

They don't have the ability to get the nuke to our shores.  Yet.

And someone should whisper in their ear that if they try, they will be obliterated.

We have more and better.

Sirime
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Why was Dennis rodman there?

why is North Korea trying to pick a fight? What in the world? 

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:48 AM
The Rodman escapade was way out of left field, wasn't it?

Quoting Sirime:

Sirime
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Ok oh lord hello mommy who ever you are military wife her as well! She didn't violate shit if she provided such confidential info I'm am extremely sure I would've read way more details on that post. 2nd just by researching your self you might find that many details of the military are always within reach of ppl like you. Just by grabbing the newspaper you can see and read where our husbands or wives train everyday I can literally google map my husbands job easily and my house and we are on base so if all these things where so secretive I'm sure these places would be blocked from view somehow and if there is confidential intelligence I am sure us wives wouldn't really know either because it is supposed to be confidential. You should go online an research ur self! Yes things are smuggled into the us all the time everyday but at the same time I'm sure someone somehow will detect it, ppl open their mouths all the time and I'm sure someone would spill the beans before anything gets to us.

Quoting carlyshort:

The problem with brats and wives: they are typically the one's who are always violating opsec.

The fact her screen name is her first name middle initial or initial to her maiden name and her last name

Anyone stumbling upon this group could be able to determine everything about her a pose based on the info she gave.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

I was born a military brat and am now a military wife.  Actually considered being a JAG but my medical issues sadly won't allow that.  Long Story short I have been "in" the military life one way or another for 27 years... I know what OPSEC is. 

Quoting brookiecookie87:

She did violate Opsec.

If you have never been briefed on it-How do you know she hasn't violated anything in it? Just a random guess?

You don't have to be giving away secrets and confidential information to be violating Opsec.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

You do realize that you can simply do a Google search and find where INTEL units are at in the US?  It's not a secret...  You can also get a list of all US military bases and what units are there and what they focus on and where they train... Geez, just pick up a Marine Corps Times or Army Times... 

She didn't violate OPSEC with anything she said.  I already knew everything she stated and my husband isn't INTEL. 

Quoting brookiecookie87:

You practically did give away his Unit and his name. A quick search on the inernet turns up where you are. Which narrow downs which unit he is in. You say he is a Senior Intelligence Agent and now someone can pin point exactly where one of the intelligent units are located.

Just using the internet I can also see where you have previously lived.  So not only do I know your current location so I know exactly where an INTEL unit is located I see your past locations.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Did I list his unit? His name? His mission? Or anything else? Nope sure didn't. That is not a violation. Good lord you people freak out over needless crap. The information I gave is on no way classified. It's fine if you choose not to list what the person in your life does. I don't have to be that paranoid. Just curious. Is this person Army? I find they seem to be incredibly OPSEC intense. Not a bad thing, but when they freak out over things that are not a violation it is just, well. Wow. 

Quoting eema.gray:

If your husband is who you say, he just violated OPSEC in a major way. I won't list credentials or experience of the person in my life who is at least as familiar with OPSEC as your husband should be but really, you should know better.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Um no, the drug industry is certainly not made up. However, if you think anyone could smuggle a nuke or any radio active element into the U.S. you are watching too many movies. What do you think the C.I.A. D.I.A  Homeland Security and other various undocumented agencies do? Got news. They know exactly where the nukes are and the components for them. Not to mention their signatures are detectible. North Korea doesn't have the money to pull off something of that nature or the resources. The middle east certainly has the money, but we are far too embedded there for them to pull it off. We pay loads of money to informants to make sure we have this information.

Ps. The movie comment came from my DH. I showed him the post and all he could do was laugh. That was his response. I agreed. The ground is not less detectable, that's the fastest way to get busted. It makes for awesome movies, but it isn't realistic. Worry about Iran, and the Middle East.

Side Note. This is my husbands job. He is a Sr. Intelligence Agt. He isn't talking out of his ass. 

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Or you don't believe it is possible that if a nation is saying they will nuke us, and they have nukes that they would be willing to send it on the ground?

Do you think they look at each other and say, "No! We must send it via a missle. The ground might be easier. More reliable. Less detectable. Will give them zero warning. But lets send it using a missle! Let's ignore that would give them warning. Lets ignore that they might knock it down mid flight. We can only do it using a missle!".

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

People are smuggled into our country all the time. Drugs are smuggled into our country all the time. Animals are smuggled into our country all the time. You don't think it is possible that North Korea could do the same and then set the nuke off some where?

They have the ability to get a nuke to our shores. They just don't have the ability to do it via a missle.

Quoting romalove:

And someone should whisper in their ear that if they try, they will be obliterated.

We have more and better.

Sirime
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I just don't know what the story is there I only saw an online picture lol I expected a politician to be in North Korea never rodman! Lol

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Sirime:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM
I have read that Rodman is broke and now has health issues (allegedly from drinking). I'm betting that somehow this trip circles back around to there, but still - how the frick did Dennis Rodman ever get in contact win the leader of a Communist country?

Quoting Sirime:

I just don't know what the story is there I only saw an online picture lol I expected a politician to be in North Korea never rodman! Lol

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Sirime:

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I know that. I have been a KV and have had to remind plenty of spouses about the rules throughout deployments...

That being said I don't know if that's her name or her kids' names. If its her name then I understand your complaint but everything she stated is known its not a secret and anyone can find that info online...

Quoting carlyshort:

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

She did violate Opsec.

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting eema.gray:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Quoting romalove:

We have more and better.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:00 AM
This is totally from a movie, but I thought there was some reason a nuclear warhead detonated on land - like just by an individual - would not be very effective as opposed to the devestation from an ICBM. I'm trying to remember the movie, but does anyone know if there is any truth to this, and why or why not?

Quoting romalove:

We have more and better.

Sirime
by Member on Mar. 9, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Lol I have no clue! Lmaooooo 

Quoting LauraKW:

I have read that Rodman is broke and now has health issues (allegedly from drinking). I'm betting that somehow this trip circles back around to there, but still - how the frick did Dennis Rodman ever get in contact win the leader of a Communist country?

Quoting Sirime:

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Sirime:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)