Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would CUNY deem you to be in need of remedial maths, or do you make the grade? Test yourself, here and now!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Reply with your answers.

Eg:  1. A    3. C    4. E

but not with your explaination of why you think your answer is correct.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jehosoba84
by Jenn on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I maybe could have done these problems when I was in 10th grade.  Laughable now to even try. This type of math does me (or anyone else) no good in normal daily life. Unless you're an engineer/etc.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I'll have to take the test when I'm not on my phone and can see the entire problem. But I wanted to say that even though I can do calculus, my son's 8th grade math is kicking my butt. Make of that what you will. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I have a statistics class right now. That's all we do is math. That stuff is so complicated, I honestly can't recall how to do simple math. LOL. Not that I ever could to begin with. 

romalove
by Roma on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I am out of school for too long to do this.  I can tell you I passed the CUNY tests with flying colors after my public school education in Staten Island.  

GLWerth
by Gina on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

If I had the time to sit down, I could probably figure these out, but I'm terrible at math. It just isn't my thing. Luckily, DH is a math whiz, so he helps the kids with that.

When I took my SAT's (lo these many years ago) my score was perfect in every area but math, which was pretty low.

kaylasmom22
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
This

Quoting jehosoba84:

I maybe could have done these problems when I was in 10th grade.  Laughable now to even try. This type of math does me (or anyone else) no good in normal daily life. Unless you're an engineer/etc.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I think for #4. I don't remember calculus well enough to do cos and sin. I think the first one might also be A, -15 but I'm not completely sure. I don't remember how to deal with -sq root of a number since it's more of a concept than an actual real number.
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Quoting smalltowngal:

I think for #4 you {explanation of why you think your answer is correct deleted}

Do not reply with your explaination of why you think your answer is correct.

*sighs*

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I did have to take remedial math classes when I attended college. I wasn't prepared AT ALL for the math that was required.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting smalltowngal:

I think for #4 you {explanation of why you think your answer is correct deleted}

Do not reply with your explaination of why you think your answer is correct.

*sighs*

Sorry, I edited my answer. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured