Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Would CUNY deem you to be in need of remedial maths, or do you make the grade? Test yourself, here and now!

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM
  • 24 Replies
1 mom liked this

Reply with your answers.

Eg:  1. A    3. C    4. E

but not with your explaination of why you think your answer is correct.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jehosoba84
by Jenn on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM
2 moms liked this

I maybe could have done these problems when I was in 10th grade.  Laughable now to even try. This type of math does me (or anyone else) no good in normal daily life. Unless you're an engineer/etc.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:22 AM
I'll have to take the test when I'm not on my phone and can see the entire problem. But I wanted to say that even though I can do calculus, my son's 8th grade math is kicking my butt. Make of that what you will. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sherry132
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:25 AM

I have a statistics class right now. That's all we do is math. That stuff is so complicated, I honestly can't recall how to do simple math. LOL. Not that I ever could to begin with. 

romalove
by Roma on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I am out of school for too long to do this.  I can tell you I passed the CUNY tests with flying colors after my public school education in Staten Island.  

GLWerth
by Gina on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

If I had the time to sit down, I could probably figure these out, but I'm terrible at math. It just isn't my thing. Luckily, DH is a math whiz, so he helps the kids with that.

When I took my SAT's (lo these many years ago) my score was perfect in every area but math, which was pretty low.

kaylasmom22
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM
This

Quoting jehosoba84:

I maybe could have done these problems when I was in 10th grade.  Laughable now to even try. This type of math does me (or anyone else) no good in normal daily life. Unless you're an engineer/etc.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I think for #4. I don't remember calculus well enough to do cos and sin. I think the first one might also be A, -15 but I'm not completely sure. I don't remember how to deal with -sq root of a number since it's more of a concept than an actual real number.
Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Quoting smalltowngal:

I think for #4 you {explanation of why you think your answer is correct deleted}

Do not reply with your explaination of why you think your answer is correct.

*sighs*

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:03 AM

I did have to take remedial math classes when I attended college. I wasn't prepared AT ALL for the math that was required.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Quoting Clairwil:

Quoting smalltowngal:

I think for #4 you {explanation of why you think your answer is correct deleted}

Do not reply with your explaination of why you think your answer is correct.

*sighs*

Sorry, I edited my answer. :/
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)