Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I prefer a high capacity magazine when hunting humans

Posted by   + Show Post

Seems Senator Feinstein thinks such a high capacity should be illegal when hunting humans.  Doesn't she realize that human can attack and hurt you if you don't have the firepower to take it down?

During a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on gun control Thursday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) shot down a proposed amendment to her “assault weapons” ban that would exempt military veterans from the gun ban. She also made some questionable claims.

Pushing a ban on high-capacity magazines, Feinstein argued that it is “legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines.”

Here’s her dubious rationale:

“The time has come, America, to step up and ban these weapons. The other very important part of this bill is to ban large capacity ammunition feeding devices, those that hold more than 10 rounds. We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it’s legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines. Limiting magazine capacity is critical because it is when a criminal, a drug dealer, a deranged individual has to pause to change magazines and reload that the police or brave bystanders have the opportunity to take that individual down.”

During the same hearing, she also argued that a military veteran could be mentally ill and suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), therefore should be prevented from buying the semi-automatic weapons that would be banned in her bill.

The California Democrat also made the bizarre claim that the “advent of PTSD” is a “new phenomenon” and a “product of the Iraq war.”

Here’s exactly what she said in context: “The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.”

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
edelweiss23
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know if I should laugh at how ludicrous the whole thing sounds, or be appalled at how moronic she sounds. Or both!!

Quoting NewMom11222011:

Sadly, yes.

Quoting edelweiss23:

Did I read that correctly???

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I keep thinking one of these days I won't be shocked by the utter stupidity that comes out of the mouthes of these people. That day has yet to come. going crazy

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, if they have opened up a season for hunting human, then I definitely agree with you ~ 3-5 rounds is just not enough!

ps, having experienced a thrashing by duck wings (while attempting to rescue one of her ducklings from the pond), I'm not sure 3-5 rounds is sufficient for them either ...

Quoting Carpy:

But the important thing is she wants to limit capacity for human hunting.  She thinks 15 rounds are to much.  I just wouldn't feel safe out there if I can only have 3 or 5 round limit when hunting humans. 

Quoting momtoscott:

Is a person's veteran status--which I respect and honor--enough to qualify him or her to have firearms, whether or not there is also a serious mental illness in play?  It is a stupidly phrased, but still valid, concern. 

I agree that it is stupid to think that the idea of PTSD was developed post the Iraq war, since people have been writing about this phenomenon for several thousand years now. 

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM

I just read this to the husband and he said he is not surprised, considering it is California.. lol

NewMom11222011
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I vote both.

Quoting edelweiss23:

I don't know if I should laugh at how ludicrous the whole thing sounds, or be appalled at how moronic she sounds. Or both!!

Quoting NewMom11222011:

Sadly, yes.

Quoting edelweiss23:

Did I read that correctly???

Mama2Spencerninja

DSamuels
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
That's it!!!!! I am changing the spelling of my name! Hell, maybe I should change my name too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

My son has a friend nicknamed choker because my son caught a wild turkey and threw it in the car and he was getting beaten by it so bad he choked it to death

Quoting Farmlady09:

Well, if they have opened up a season for hunting human, then I definitely agree with you ~ 3-5 rounds is just not enough!

ps, having experienced a thrashing by duck wings (while attempting to rescue one of her ducklings from the pond), I'm not sure 3-5 rounds is sufficient for them either ...

Quoting Carpy:

But the important thing is she wants to limit capacity for human hunting.  She thinks 15 rounds are to much.  I just wouldn't feel safe out there if I can only have 3 or 5 round limit when hunting humans. 

Quoting momtoscott:

Is a person's veteran status--which I respect and honor--enough to qualify him or her to have firearms, whether or not there is also a serious mental illness in play?  It is a stupidly phrased, but still valid, concern. 

I agree that it is stupid to think that the idea of PTSD was developed post the Iraq war, since people have been writing about this phenomenon for several thousand years now. 

Farmlady09
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM
2 moms liked this

I shouldn't laugh, but we have a tom that weighs close to 50 pounds ~ had to catch him and do some first aid on his leg a few days ago and d a n g ... he's lucky he's such a nice bird most of the time, because it took DH and I to hang onto him long enough to patch up the booboo. We both got whacked a few times lol, so I can completely sympathize with 'choker'. I love the heritage breeds, but geez ...

edit ... I was wondering ... is DB (dingbat) Feinstein recommending that cops and her bodyguards be limited in the rounds they carry as well ... I mean, we keep hearing about all these 'manhunts' the cops go on, and I'm certain that her bodyguards aren't carrying those guns to hunt ducks. Just sayin' ...

Quoting Carpy:

My son has a friend nicknamed choker because my son caught a wild turkey and threw it in the car and he was getting beaten by it so bad he choked it to death

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting momtoscott:

Carpy
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:02 PM

That's a damn big bird.  Hell just roosters can be pretty tough.

Quoting Farmlady09:

I shouldn't laugh, but we have a tom that weighs close to 50 pounds ~ had to catch him and do some first aid on his leg a few days ago and d a n g ... he's lucky he's such a nice bird most of the time, because it took DH and I to hang onto him long enough to patch up the booboo. We both got whacked a few times lol, so I can completely sympathize with 'choker'. I love the heritage breeds, but geez ...

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting Farmlady09:

Quoting Carpy:

Quoting momtoscott:

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I was not aware it was LEGAL to "hunt humans" with ANY caliber weapon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured