Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Is cheating ever ok?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
  • 235 Replies
Are there certain situations that you know where you understand when someone cheats on a long term spouse or husband?

I have a good friend who's husband just doesn't like sex. When they do, it's missionary, no foreplay, and only to procreate. After 6 months of no sex and her begging and at her sexual peak, she had an affair. I understand why she did it even though and I don't agree with cheating. I just don't believe in it.

One of my bf's good friends is married and cheats on his wife constantly. I met his wife and feel bad knowing that he's having an affair and she doesn't know. She also is not a very nice person. My bf just told me that his friend and the wife haven't had sex in 2 years. He leaves on weekends sometimes for "jobs". As a woman, I think she has to know.

As much as I hate cheating, I can understand why these 2 people do it.

What are your thoughts? Is it ever ok?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:26 PM
4 moms liked this

No it's never okay. Just because I may understand why one might want to do it doesn't make it okay. I can empathize, but I won't condone it. 

bellawomen
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM
5 moms liked this
Never OK. Grow some balls and leave.
redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:28 PM
2 moms liked this

no never, if your(general your) thinking of cheating just leave the person your with instead of hurting them

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Never okay. 

mlg1989
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
In my life and my way of thinking, No. Its never acceptable if you are in a monogamous relationship.
NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:30 PM
7 moms liked this

In your examples, I do not understand why these people continue to stay married. They all seem from your story to be able bodied folks. They should separate or work to repair the marraige instead of looking to others. To do so behind the spouses back speaks poorly of their character IMO.

In some cases I think it is ok, and maybe even an honorable alternative to divorce. If a couple have been together and one succombs to alzhiemers or demintia, or something of that nature to the point they can no longer recognize their spouse and their spouse continues to care for them, yet seeks physical companionship elsewhere I do not consider that so much to be cheating.

Neon Washable Paint

mehamil1
by Platinum Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:36 PM
3 moms liked this

One of my mothers friends was dying of Ovarian cancer. Her husband bent over backward to take care of her. He was also having an affair at the time. I can't blame him for that. He could have left when she got sick but he didn't. He stayed and took care of her the whole time, right up to the end. 

He's now living with the woman he was having an affair with. 

Honestly, if that were me and I was physically incapable of having sex with my spouse or partner, I'd be ok with them going outside the marriage. People have physical needs. I get it. 

i.m.r.
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:37 PM
4 moms liked this
It's not ok. If someone's relationship is so damaged that they feel the need to look outside of the relationship they need to either work through their problems with their current spouse/partner or end the relationship. Cheating not only damages their significant other mentally and emotionally but puts them at risk for STI's, AIDS, etc. It's one of the worst things someone could do to someone they supposedly care for IMO.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
specialwingz
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:38 PM

No.  Period.

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 8, 2013 at 11:40 PM
3 moms liked this

What people do within the confines of their partnership agreement is between them.

I've never figured out what the heck the government has to do with it... and yet, they stick their big noses in all the time.

I suspect there are a great many variations on the contract terms than most people have any way of guessing at. If they're all genuinely okay with whatever's happening, that's their deal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)