Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Fox's Dagen McDowell On Walmart Leading To Mom And Pop Shops Closing: "Ma And Pa Need To Get Over It"

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM
  • 71 Replies

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 6:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Mega Corporations vs. Middle Class Mom and pop shops.

I thought Republicans would be on board with protecting middle class americans from losing their jobs to megacorporations like Walmart.

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 10, 2013 at 7:40 AM
6 moms liked this

The beginning of our demise, WM-

One slight tweak shy of a monopoly, and when WM is all there is left what happens to quality, affordability, supply? WM has people hooked on cheap foreign made crap like an addict is to their vice-

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:49 AM
6 moms liked this

Your theory would imply the GOP actually cares about the middle class - which they don't give a damn about. The GOP only cares about the middle class as far as they can use them, and get them to keep them in power. Fortunately the dumbing down of America isn't working quite as well as they hoped, as over 50% of the nation saw through their bull shit during the last election.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

Mega Corporations vs. Middle Class Mom and pop shops.

I thought Republicans would be on board with protecting middle class americans from losing their jobs to megacorporations like Walmart.

jllcali
by Jane on Mar. 10, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Sigh........ Why do you always make anti whites posts?

sarcasm
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:02 AM

how is this an anti-white post?

Quoting jllcali:

mikiemom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:04 AM
4 moms liked this

Fox is full of shit, benefits of walmart? really walmart sucks and is one of the main reasons for the downfall of america.

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:17 AM
3 moms liked this
I refuse to shop at Walmart anymore. I have a lot of friends who have been complaining about the quality of electronics they buy at Walmart. Walmart has squeezed their suppliers so much that they're making inferior products and you're lucky if a router lasts a couple of weeks.
brookiecookie87
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:07 AM

How is this anti-white? The people in management positions at Walmart are not white exclusive. The host on the Fox news program show is black (Black is normally considered the opposite of white).

The people who run all the mom and pop shops are not all non-white. I imagine a lot of them are white. Unless you know some hidden numder stastic where most mom and pop shops are owned by non-white.

So I have to ask. How is this anti-white?

Quoting jllcali:

Join us on the 99% Moms group!
The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms   

If they enforced bank regulations like they do park rules, we wouldn't be in this mess

jllcali
by Jane on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:28 AM
I was being facetious because brookie has been accused always posting anti white posts, even though I have not seen her post any anti white posts.

Quoting mikiemom:

how is this an anti-white post?

Quoting jllcali:

jllcali
by Jane on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM
I was being facetious, because of another members accusation that you always make anti white posts, even though I've never seen you make a single one. I apologize, I should have specified I was being sarcastic.

Quoting brookiecookie87:

How is this anti-white? The people in management positions at Walmart are not white exclusive. The host on the Fox news program show is black (Black is normally considered the opposite of white).

The people who run all the mom and pop shops are not all non-white. I imagine a lot of them are white. Unless you know some hidden numder stastic where most mom and pop shops are owned by non-white.

So I have to ask. How is this anti-white?

Quoting jllcali:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)