Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As Jesus Said About Gay People **Edit**

Posted by   + Show Post
**This picture is shared from my best friend's Facebook page. My best friend is a gay male.**

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Replies (11-20):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:34 PM
5 moms liked this

Well as far as I have been taught everything you said is true. The only part you missed is with that free will he expects us to love him with that free will and accept that all of those "sins" we commit day in and out have already been forgiven. That loving him and accepting his son as our savior is the only way to heaven. It's that simple. The problem comes in when people forget that we are taught that God sees all sin exactly the same. No sin is greater than another in his eyes. If we accept Jesus as our savior and love God we are washed of our sins. People are the ones that put the label on the severity of so called sins, not God. There in lies the problem. 

Quoting momma_sam:

This is part of the reason i'm agnostic. I want to believe there is some higher power and theres a peaceful place we go for eternity after we die...however if god exists wouldnt he or she love all people and not care about his people being gay,straight,bi,transgendered?? If he gave us free will he or she shouldnt care how we live out our lives as long as we try our hardest to be good people.

hhhanna
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:38 PM
2 moms liked this

Gee, He (Jesus) said the same exact thing about breaking puppies legs and heroin addiction - so using your line of reasoning, those things are prefectly fine too, eh?

Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM

going crazy

Quoting hhhanna:

Gee, He (Jesus) said the same exact thing about breaking puppies legs and heroin addiction - so using your line of reasoning, those things are prefectly fine too, eh?

www.cafemom.com/group/116692
Euphoric
by Thumper kid spanks on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:43 PM
6 moms liked this

Some people in here are too damn stupid for words.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Quoting hhhanna:

Didn't Jesus say something about going with love, showing love.. etc?

How is harming a living creature showing love? So, no, using her line of reasoning, those still would not be ok

hhhanna
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

No, the direct quote being attributed to Jesus was that he said nothing in specific about gays (especially since they weren't called gays back then).  Likewise, he said nothing in specific about breaking puppies legs or heroin addiction.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting hhhanna:

How is harming a living creature showing love? So, no, using her line of reasoning, those still would not be ok

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM

You're funny

and I am drugged, so any conversation I may have is not going to be completely coherent. 

Quoting hhhanna:

No, the direct quote being attributed to Jesus was that he said nothing in specific about gays (especially since they weren't called gays back then).  Likewise, he said nothing in specific about breaking puppies legs or heroin addiction.

Quoting Sekirei:

Quoting hhhanna:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM
1 mom liked this

The passages quoted are open to interpretation, as the entirety of the Bible, any and all versions.

What one gleams from select passages is indeed true to them.  Just as another's interpretation is true to them.  Even scholars have different interpretations.

We all believe as we do, or not.  I have some pretty strong feelings on many things in regards to my own beliefs.  I do not, however, hold the expectation that all others will believe as I do.  Therefore, I follow what I know to be true and you (general) follow what you know to be true.  

I could quote passages all day and night, trying so very hard to get through to some.  The fact is, my interpretation and theirs may vary.  

KristenFowles
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Ha! Love it.

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM
4 moms liked this

Finally some truth!  This is why many persons in the gay/lesbian community need to stop bashing religion and put the blame squarely on the individuals whom falsely and  fictitiously identify with Jesus in a manner which he NEVER preached yet  use as a  bases for their hatred.   I figured this out long, long, ago.........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured