Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

As Jesus Said About Gay People **Edit**

Posted by   + Show Post
**This picture is shared from my best friend's Facebook page. My best friend is a gay male.**

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Replies (281-289):
KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM
Wow so you have actually read for yourself the original documents these so called wiches wrote by hand? That's awesome!
Quoting LindaClement:

Well, let's see:

100% of them are dead, a great many of them as a direct result of the witch burnings.

So, yeah: lots of them were writing first-hand accounts of it. At a time when 95% of the population couldn't write.

You really do live in a dream world, don't you?

Quoting KamWorthy:

You are not prepared, because you can't offer any first hand evidence to what you claim. It's all hearsay or what you've read and chosen to believe.
Quoting LindaClement:

You have no idea what kind of violence marked the end of the wise women's lives, do you?

Doctors (and priests) took over the power over women's bodies. Intentionally. And with a relentlessness that wiped the traditional knowledge those women held out of existence.

Of course infections and death were a part of it: name one aspect of life you believe to have been free of it, then.

I'm not doing your research for you. If you want to find it, go look for it. I'm not prepared to describe to you 30 years of reading, documentary viewing and research to you.

Quoting KamWorthy:

Tell me this....if abortion was prevalent, as you claim....why weren't these herbalists, wise-women etc.....set up on the corners of the streets of Damascus? Another question....these aborted babies....where we're they disposed, how were they removed from the womb...infections and death must have been prevalent as well in which case these back alley abortionists would have been facing murder charges for all these dead women, no? Oh, and providing a link would be helpful...unless of course you are claiming you were there as all this occurred lol!
Quoting LindaClement:

Ignorance of history doesn't make you look like you know what you're talking about.

The village (yes, and city) wise women and herbalists and midwives provided a roaring trade in fertility control.

Actually.

There was a plant related to yarrow that was wiped out, because of its effectiveness as an abortificiant. 

Quoting KamWorthy:

What I said was it was not prevalent in way of having abortion clinics on the corners of downtown Damascus.
Quoting LindaClement:

One more major flaw in her argument (which I can't find the original quote for, so...)

Abortion was, absolutely, prevalent then.

What it wasn't (until the 1870s) was 'important' to religious people.

Quoting PamR:

Danielle, unless you had a chat with Jesus about homosexuality, abortion or any other topic, you don't know what he thinks about it.  You're going by the translation of a translation of a translation. . . as are all of us.   None of us "knows" what Jesus thought about anything.

Quoting KamWorthy:

I understand the need to believe in what Jesus did not say regarding abortion, but being that abortion was not prevalent in those days in ways of clinics on the corners of downtown Damascus, I believe He covered abortion...."Haven't you read that in the beginning, "God said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness.' So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him, male and female he created them. God blessed them and said to them, 'Be fruitful and increase in number.' God saw all that he had made, and it was very good." (Genesis 1:26, 27, 31) Therefore, what God has created as good, let not any man destroy. Jesus has a special place in heaven reserved for the butchered, betrayed and martyred children of the womb.
Quoting parentalrights1:

As Jesus said about abortion

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM
Well, if that's really your beef here ( gay marriage) then all this time we've been engaging you have wasted your efforts. I take no political issue with gay unions, nor do I support inequality in any form.
Quoting Raintree:

He also said that you're judged based on how you treat the weakest among us- prisoners, people who are hungry or that need clothing. Judged with the big "J"- as in, how you end up in 'heaven'. I notice that is ignored when speaking about the workings of our government.

And yet, in the same breath, so many of you suggest that a verse having nothing to do with gay people is suddenly used as a reason to deny equal civil rights from our government.

It's our government. Not 'your' government. Not the Bible's government. Our constitution promises equality and justice. It does not find itself in the Bible. There is no book of USConstitution. You can't find the Bill of Rights in Constitution2 in 27 chapters.

Stop with the mental (the uhoh kind of mental, not the actual use of the mind) gymnastics and just accept that Jesus said precisely nothing about gay people. And if he had. It wouldn't matter, because we have a secular government with secular laws.

Quoting KamWorthy:

If someone is going to hold a sign and claim Jesus did not say something, then they should also be open to what He did say.
Quoting Raintree:

Hearsay! No first hand knowledge!

Jesus said nothing about homosexual relationships. You're grafting onto another subject. 

Quoting KamWorthy:

One can speak volumes while saying very little. This was Jesus' style.
Quoting paganbaby:

Okay. I'd assume that he was referring to straight people in this passage.

But back on topic, what did he say about gay people?

Quoting KamWorthy:

I understand the need to believe in what Jesus did not say regarding homosexuality, but let's decipher what He did say regarding a man and a woman.....1. And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ “and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?’” (Matt. 19:4.)

12hellokitty
by Platinum Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Interesting how the "fairy tale" standard changes when people are pressed to support their beliefs.  It's also interesting how some have no problem listing propaganda as facts trying to disprove Christianity, yet are unwilling to provide any evidence based on their own standards supporting their beliefs.

Quoting KamWorthy:

Wow so you have actually read for yourself the original documents these so called wiches wrote by hand? That's awesome!
Quoting LindaClement:

Well, let's see:

100% of them are dead, a great many of them as a direct result of the witch burnings.

So, yeah: lots of them were writing first-hand accounts of it. At a time when 95% of the population couldn't write.

You really do live in a dream world, don't you.

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, it is interesting, and at the same time comical.
Quoting 12hellokitty:

Interesting how the "fairy tale" standard changes when people are pressed to support their beliefs.  It's also interesting how some have no problem listing propaganda as facts trying to disprove Christianity, yet are unwilling to provide any evidence based on their own standards supporting their beliefs.

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting LindaClement:

Well, let's see:

You really do live in a dream world, don't you.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:53 AM

lol.. Nice try, Danielle.

What is a 'gay union'? I notice you don't use the word 'marriage'. Today, the main political issues in regard to sexual orientation are 1- marriage equality, and 2- being added into protected minority status as per the FLSA, etc. There is also the huge side issue of bullying, which, unfortunately, too often comes from people who use the Bible as a weapon to suggest that Jesus said something against homosexuals- when he did not.

That was left to Leviticus and Paul (and to a much smaller degree than they spoke on other issues).

Quoting KamWorthy:

Well, if that's really your beef here ( gay marriage) then all this time we've been engaging you have wasted your efforts. I take no political issue with gay unions, nor do I support inequality in any form.
Quoting Raintree:

He also said that you're judged based on how you treat the weakest among us- prisoners, people who are hungry or that need clothing. Judged with the big "J"- as in, how you end up in 'heaven'. I notice that is ignored when speaking about the workings of our government.

And yet, in the same breath, so many of you suggest that a verse having nothing to do with gay people is suddenly used as a reason to deny equal civil rights from our government.

It's our government. Not 'your' government. Not the Bible's government. Our constitution promises equality and justice. It does not find itself in the Bible. There is no book of USConstitution. You can't find the Bill of Rights in Constitution2 in 27 chapters.

Stop with the mental (the uhoh kind of mental, not the actual use of the mind) gymnastics and just accept that Jesus said precisely nothing about gay people. And if he had. It wouldn't matter, because we have a secular government with secular laws.

Quoting KamWorthy:

If someone is going to hold a sign and claim Jesus did not say something, then they should also be open to what He did say.
Quoting Raintree:

Jesus said nothing about homosexual relationships. You're grafting onto another subject. 

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting KamWorthy:

I understand the need to believe in what Jesus did not say regarding homosexuality, but let's decipher what He did say regarding a man and a woman.....1. And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ “and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?’” (Matt. 19:4.)

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:41 AM
You mean momnosense? She wants to be called Dani, not Danielle. you truly don't know what a gay union, civil union, gay marriage is? Don't play daft....well maybe you 're not playing...my bad.
Quoting Raintree:

What is a 'gay union'? I notice you don't use the word 'marriage'. Today, the main political issues in regard to sexual orientation are 1- marriage equality, and 2- being added into protected minority status as per the FLSA, etc. There is also the huge side issue of bullying, which, unfortunately, too often comes from people who use the Bible as a weapon to suggest that Jesus said something against homosexuals- when he did not.

That was left to Leviticus and Paul (and to a much smaller degree than they spoke on other issues).

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:58 AM

No, I mean you, Danielle.

Quoting KamWorthy:

You mean momnosense? She wants to be called Dani, not Danielle. you truly don't know what a gay union, civil union, gay marriage is? Don't play daft....well maybe you 're not playing...my bad.
Quoting Raintree:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting KamWorthy:

KamWorthy
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Then you are just as confused in this thread as you are in the other thread you keep following me back and forth in ......lol.....you've got it bad, dontcha? I'm flattered.
Quoting Raintree:

No, I mean you, Danielle.

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting KamWorthy:

Quoting paganbaby:

Quoting KamWorthy:

notabosley
by Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Agreed

Quoting FromAtoZ:

popcorn  and   margarita time

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured