Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

As Jesus Said About Gay People **Edit**

Posted by   + Show Post
**This picture is shared from my best friend's Facebook page. My best friend is a gay male.**

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM
Replies (41-50):
dommad2
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM
2 moms liked this
And what did He say about judgment and loving others? When asked what the most important commandment was he answered???

Quoting KamWorthy:

I understand the need to believe in what Jesus did not say regarding homosexuality, but let's decipher what He did say regarding a man and a woman.....1. And He answered and said to them, “Have you not read that He who made them at the beginning ‘made them male and female,’ “and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh?’” (Matt. 19:4.)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Not gonna aruge this one anymore...believe as you wish.  :)

lga1965
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too.

Quoting 1Giovanni:

As a Christian I believe that "Jesus is the son of God." THe Christian Chruchs I have gone to teaches that. I was actually suprise that people beleive that Jesus is God, here on CM.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

The Christian belief is Jesus is God.

What does GOD say about it?

divinedimension
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM
4 moms liked this
I think what he said about that was actually "thou shall not kill".

Quoting parentalrights1:

As Jesus said about abortion

TranquilMind
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:48 PM
2 moms liked this

As Jesus said about health care... (or the economic system, or equal pay, or fill in the blank with thousands of other topics).

But Jesus DID say, "And Pharisees came up and in order to test him asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” 3He answered them, “What did Moses command you?” 4They said, “Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce and to send her away.” 5And Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. 6But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ 7‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife,a 8and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. 9What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

dommad2
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM
God is Jesus, Jesus is not God. God is the nature of the Trinity however no single part of the Trinity is God in and of itself.

Quoting lga1965:

Me too.

Quoting 1Giovanni:

As a Christian I believe that "Jesus is the son of God." THe Christian Chruchs I have gone to teaches that. I was actually suprise that people beleive that Jesus is God, here on CM.

Quoting toomanypoodles:

The Christian belief is Jesus is God.

What does GOD say about it?

MeAndTommyLee
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM
3 moms liked this

This is the precise reason most of the `Christian' post here on CM anger me.  They lump every single Christian/Catholic....any domination together and demonize us because of the sad and sick ways some other so-called Christians twisted Jesus' preachings.  I liken it to believing that every single person of the Islam faith is a terrorist.  Funny how that false  perception is understood to be intolerance, yet Christians are not afforded the same understanding.

Quoting lga1965:

Quoting MeAndTommyLee:

Finally some truth!  This is why many persons in the gay/lesbian community need to stop bashing religion and put the blame squarely on the individuals whom falsely and  fictitiously identify with Jesus in a manner which he NEVER preached yet  use as a  bases for their hatred.   I figured this out long, long, ago.........

yup....me too.

It's not religion that is at fault. The people who interpret the Bible to satisfy their own personal agendas and are prejudiced and exclude are the ones to blame.

futureshock
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Quoting SandyLaxner:

As Jesus said about global warming...going crazy

Global warming wasn't an issue when he was alive but gay people were around.

Goodwoman614
by Satan on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Sekirei:

Warning: Yes, this can be offensive to some

"Try finding a Hallmark card for that."

ROFLMFAO!

lga1965
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I think we all are very familiar with this.

BUT, as I said before, does it also say:  " a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife and the two shall be one flesh .....oh, and before we forget,  no man and man or woman and woman shall become one flesh" ?  Hmmm? No, there is no mention of that.

Jesus was not mean and prejudiced,. He said "Love one another". That includes everyone..

Quoting TranquilMind:

As Jesus said about health care... (or the economic system, or equal pay, or fill in the blank with thousands of other topics).

But Jesus DID say, "And Pharisees came up and in order to test him asked, “Is it lawful for a man to divorce his wife?” 3He answered them, “What did Moses command you?” 4They said, “Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce and to send her away.” 5And Jesus said to them, “Because of your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. 6But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female.’ 7‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and hold fast to his wife,a 8and the two shall become one flesh.’ So they are no longer two but one flesh. 9What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN