Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your husband/significant other has an affair, is it any of your business?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM
  • 244 Replies
Another poster got me thinking...she basically believes that anything she does is her own business and not her husband's and everything her husband does that he chooses to keep to himself is his private business and not hers. They have no right to each others privacy.

So, if your husband has an affair or several is it any if your business? Why or why not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM
6 moms liked this

Absolutely ridiculous.

What is the point of being in any type of relationship?

I'm not saying that one's SO must be privy to every move one makes but come on.......................what a sad way to think, live and expect others to do the same.

You damn right I had every right to know of the many affairs my ex husband took part in.  Being made a fool of is never good.

romanceparty4u
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM
3 moms liked this

Of course it's my business....

I would think the "why" is pretty obvious.

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:21 PM
4 moms liked this

I think it depends on the relationship. In my relationship it would ost certainly be 'our' business as a couple. If it was casual sex with no commitment I would hope to never know or find out. I'm twisted like that. I prefer to live in this bubble that's semi-cozy.

Mrs.Subway
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I would say, yes and Im sure this is how most couples feel. Because I didn't agree to a open marriage.

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:25 PM

affairs are my business.... DF and I are open with eachother.... however there are things that I don't discuss immediately for whatever reason.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM
2 moms liked this

I wonder if you're taking out of context what the person meant. We are big on privacy, boundaries, etc. We both trust each other explicitly, but everything doesn't have to be shared. We are newly married, 2nd marriage for both. I'm 55, he's 52. Our kids are adults. If one of our kids wants to speak to either of us in confidence, that's where it stays. We don't have the right to look at each others emails, etc. If we did, we'd not only be invading each other's privacy, but that of the person who sent it. My best friend shares things with me she has never shared with her sister....health issues. That information is not for my husband to know, it's told to me in confidence.

Woodbabe
by Woodie on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes, for no other reason than your physical and sexual health!

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
Nope not out of context. It's over in the "is cheating ever ok" thread.

Quoting EireLass:

I wonder if you're taking out of context what the person meant. We are big on privacy, boundaries, etc. We both trust each other explicitly, but everything doesn't have to be shared. We are newly married, 2nd marriage for both. I'm 55, he's 52. Our kids are adults. If one of our kids wants to speak to either of us in confidence, that's where it stays. We don't have the right to look at each others emails, etc. If we did, we'd not only be invading each other's privacy, but that of the person who sent it. My best friend shares things with me she has never shared with her sister....health issues. That information is not for my husband to know, it's told to me in confidence.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristenFowles
by Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

... Yeah that doesn't work for me.. In my head, we're married.  My business is his business.. is OUR business.... and vice versa..

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Paperfishies
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this
That's how my marriage is now...there is no my business, his business. It's OUR business.

Quoting KristenFowles:

... Yeah that doesn't work for me.. In my head, we're married.  My business is his business.. is OUR business.... and vice versa..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured