Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

S/O of my cold thread: How does your spouse/partner behave when they have a cold?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:16 PM
  • 33 Replies

I have shared this before, but feel the need to do it again...LOL

Neon Washable Paint

by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Donna6503
by Platinum Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:23 PM
3 moms liked this
I don't know about the viruses you have on the east ... But, the ones here in the west ... Turns my husband from a strong retired military officers into a whining, little infant because he had to blow his nose.

Men, can be so ... Oh well, better not say
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bella_Madre
by on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Like he is effin dying. Lol. Much like this guy. A few weeks ago I had strep throat, and didn't even really know it. I just kept on working and felt kinda sick but pushed through. I must have given it to him because he ended up missing 2 days of work and stayed in bed forever whining as if he were on the verge of death. He's so strong when it comes to everything else, but being sick turns him into the biggest baby. 

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Like a two year old.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:35 PM

ROFLMAO!!!!! I have never seen this one. My sisters husband is exactly like ^^^^ that dude. I'd go nuts. 

My DH at first refuses to admit he is sick at all. He generally gets through it and rarely gets sick when the three girls and I get whatever is going around. When he really does get sick he gets it bad. He doesn't act like a baby he just acts like a dick. He's grouchy, militant, and pissed off that he's laid up in bed. Starts bitching about everything he is not getting done, what people at work are probably screwing up, what he thinks I should be doing at that moment ( I am a SAHM, so he is never home to see what my schedule is, thank Gawd), as soon as the girls get home he starts barking orders to them about what they need to do etc. I just tell him to stay in the room in bed and shut the door. I bring him fluids and meds, and may pop an extra antihistamine in there to keep him sedated a wee bit longer. *giggle* juuuuusssssst kidding. Well kinda. ;-) 

GLWerth
by Gina on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Mine goes to the back bedroom (guest room) wraps up in as many blankets as he can and demands to be left alone.

He will come down and ask for soup or tea every so often, but mostly, he just wants to sleep it off.

soonergirl980
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Generally a cold does not prevent my husband from going to work so no he is not a baby for a cold, however if he's sick enough to  go to sick call I know he is actually sick and deserves to be waited on hand and foot.

Beatlemama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 9:49 PM

LOL!!  A man cold!   They could've filmed this at my house.  Last fall, I had walking pneumonia and didn't miss a day of work (or my duties at home). DH gets a stuffy nose and you'd think he's dying!   I love him, but he's the biggest baby!!

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Like a big baby

stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 10:57 PM

LOL, my hubs is pretty stoic.  He refuses to admit he is sick and is just grouchy, usually.  Although I have to admit that he get's whiney if I am sick and don't want to wait on him and the kids hand and foot.  I was sick a while ago and couldn't get out of bed, he kept telling me I should get up and shake it off.  Of course he was trying to get out of housework.

MeAndTommyLee
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

He acts worse than an infant on their most  colicky day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)