Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The things one might see at a gangbangers funeral. Tooooo funny not to share!

Posted by   + Show Post

My friend's DH is a cop. A member of a local gang died from a drug overdose, and because there we threats from a rival gang to tip over the casket, deface other stuff,  and essentially ruin the funeral for this guys mourning family the police were sent in to keep the peace. This is a screenshot of the text convo between my friend and her hubby while at the funeral. 

(This is not meant to offend anyone it's just plain funny) 

before you read. My friend is about 5'4 ish maybe 120 pounds... 

I couldn't stop laughing at his ain't no way that shit is real. I call one of my best friends I have had forever who happens to be black but has the flattest butt ever. I am talking vertical drop. I sent her the pic and said I finally found a cure!!! She told me to eat shit. ROFL!!! 

I call her booty bump because I swear she was their first customer. I hadn't even seen the infomercial when she called me about them and had pics of herself in jeans with them. She swears her mom lied to her and she was adopted. I've always told her I have more than enough junk in the trunk for both of us. If they ever figure out a way to let one person share we are singing up! Lol 

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Replies (31-40):
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I think I probably found it funnier because of my bf with her flat butt she hates. I immediately thought of her the second I saw it and all of the convos we have had about her wanting some junk in her non existant trunk. I guess it would offend the family if they saw it, but I very seriously doubt that would ever happen. On the other hand who goes dressed like that into a church and to a funeral??? I mean seriously. You can't put away the club clothes for one day? 

I didn't mention the way he died for any other reason other than to make it clear he wasn't gunned down by an opposing gang and that the tensions were not as high as they might be had that been the case. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I am not really finding the humor.  It doesn't offend me but I'm sure what these police officers were doing would offend the family of the individual in that casket.

Regardless of how the person met their death.

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I think I probably found it funnier because of my bf with her flat butt she hates. I immediately thought of her the second I saw it and all of the convos we have had about her wanting some junk in her non existant trunk. I guess it would offend the family if they saw it, but I very seriously doubt that would ever happen. On the other hand who goes dressed like that into a church and to a funeral??? I mean seriously. You can't put away the club clothes for one day? 

I didn't mention the way he died for any other reason other than to make it clear he wasn't gunned down by an opposing gang and that the tensions were not as high as they might be had that been the case. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I am not really finding the humor.  It doesn't offend me but I'm sure what these police officers were doing would offend the family of the individual in that casket.

Regardless of how the person met their death.

I can see why you found humor in it.  

I can't imagine dressing in such a manner at all, much less to a funeral. 

People do what they do and I will say, I agree with a previous comment you made in that most of us have made such comments to others.

I just think that this isn't as funny as it may have been otherwise, considering the Police are there to keep the peace during this service and they are texting, talking about others who they are supposed to serve and protect.

Just a matter of opinion, that's all. I certainly would not run to the media with this but nor do I think it is cool, under the circumstances.

MsRkg
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I fail to find the humor in this at all.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:19 AM
You are such a kind and caring person.

Quoting mehamil1:

That's even worse. How stupid can some people be? Does she not think there will be blow back from this? Take this down. It's stupid and disrespectful to the extreme. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Le Sigh. where exactly do you think I got it from to begin with? She posted it to her FB. 

Quoting mehamil1:

I'm still thinking about doing that. If the OP doesn't take it down in the next hour I'm emailing this to the media and posting it on facebook and share the crap out of it. 

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quick OP go post it on FB...(note sarcasm font)

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Ya stuff like this blows up all the time now. It's like the posting of the restaurant receipt.

Quoting stringtheory:
I'm surprised this is posted- what a PR nightmare this would become for the PD if media got a hold of it...

Quotig lizzielouaf:

Your husband was attending the funeral in a professional capacity and paying attention to his cell phone is not operating in a professional capacity. So using your logic of how ridiculous it is that our tax dollars were wasted monitoring this funeral, our tax dollars were wasted paying a police officer to text recreationally during working hours. Not to mention it is very disrespectful, it's a funeral not prom. My 10 year old son would know better. As far as the content of the texts...it is what it is. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:31 AM
2 moms liked this

Are you friend and her Dh 13?

Not preofessional at all-I  can never understand why professionals, especially those who are actually on the clock at the time, would scribe something that could be construed as offensive or insensitive. Talk about it at home [later], when off the clock, sure...but scribe it? while getting paid? No.

IMO, not funny, tacky and more of a reflection on your friends than on anyone else-

Sisteract
by Whoopie on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Your friend posted this on her FB page?

Your friend is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed-

Hope her DH is not soon unemployed-

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:36 AM
3 moms liked this
I doubt you would feel the same way if that was your child's funeral and someone was making fun of your family for being *insert stereotype here*. How shameful to make fun of a funeral. How shameful to mock a family's pain.

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

How was any of that disrespectful to the grieving family? It's not like he walked up to anyone and said hey, your family is dressed like a bunch of hoochies. It's kind of ridiculous our tax dollars were wasted for this to begin with, and the last part about the guy on the organ was a compliment. Good lord. Like I said in the OP. This wasn't meant to offend anyone. It was just funny. 

Quoting wickedfiress:

What was the point in sending the cops if they are just going to also be disrespectful to the grieving family?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ashellbell
by shellbark on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Lol at the irony.

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting mehamil1:

That's even worse. How stupid can some people be? Does she not think there will be blow back from this? Take this down. It's stupid and disrespectful to the extreme. 

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Le Sigh. where exactly do you think I got it from to begin with? She posted it to her FB. 

Quoting mehamil1:

I'm still thinking about doing that. If the OP doesn't take it down in the next hour I'm emailing this to the media and posting it on facebook and share the crap out of it. 

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Ya stuff like this blows up all the time now. It's like the posting of the restaurant receipt.

Quoting stringtheory:
I'm surprised this is posted- what a PR nightmare this would become for the PD if media got a hold of it...

Quotig lizzielouaf:

Your husband was attending the funeral in a professional capacity and paying attention to his cell phone is not operating in a professional capacity. So using your logic of how ridiculous it is that our tax dollars were wasted monitoring this funeral, our tax dollars were wasted paying a police officer to text recreationally during working hours. Not to mention it is very disrespectful, it's a funeral not prom. My 10 year old son would know better. As far as the content of the texts...it is what it is. 

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Complete irony.   She wants this person fired because he is an asshole.   That is so kind of her.

Quoting ashellbell:

Lol at the irony.

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting stringtheory:

Quotig lizzielouaf:

ashellbell
by shellbark on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:39 AM
Yeah that's totally what I meant by that.

Quoting talia-mom:

Complete irony.   She wants this person fired because he is an asshole.   That is so kind of her.

Quoting ashellbell:

Lol at the irony.

Quoting talia-mom:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

Quoting mehamil1:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting lizzielouaf:

Quoting stringtheory:

Quotig lizzielouaf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)