Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

The things one might see at a gangbangers funeral. Tooooo funny not to share!

Posted by   + Show Post

My friend's DH is a cop. A member of a local gang died from a drug overdose, and because there we threats from a rival gang to tip over the casket, deface other stuff,  and essentially ruin the funeral for this guys mourning family the police were sent in to keep the peace. This is a screenshot of the text convo between my friend and her hubby while at the funeral. 

(This is not meant to offend anyone it's just plain funny) 

before you read. My friend is about 5'4 ish maybe 120 pounds... 

I couldn't stop laughing at his ain't no way that shit is real. I call one of my best friends I have had forever who happens to be black but has the flattest butt ever. I am talking vertical drop. I sent her the pic and said I finally found a cure!!! She told me to eat shit. ROFL!!! 

I call her booty bump because I swear she was their first customer. I hadn't even seen the infomercial when she called me about them and had pics of herself in jeans with them. She swears her mom lied to her and she was adopted. I've always told her I have more than enough junk in the trunk for both of us. If they ever figure out a way to let one person share we are singing up! Lol 

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:28 AM
Replies (41-50):
redbutterfly666
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:42 AM
:/ I'm going to Hell......I giggled
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
GLWerth
by Gina on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM

When you laugh at this, does it occur to you how you'd feel if someone were making similar commentary about your friends and family at the funeral of someone you loved?

Or do you think that the young man who died, because he was in a gang, was undeserving of respect and solemnity one would generally give a 'better' person?

Radarma
by "OneDar" on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Quoting redbutterfly666:

:/ I'm going to Hell......I giggled

I have a handbasket, jump in.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM
Can anyone see where the op lives?
DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Just went and checked. It's up and numerous other people have said their dh's worked it and it was insane that their husband or so's said the same stuff or texted similar comments or other various comments of that nature. Another cop who worked it said he'd never seen anything like it, it was a new one on him.  It's been up long enough at this point for their  commanders or other ranking officers to have seen it and if they had an issue with it, have contacted him and told him to take it down. I'm not making any judgements on that one. We don't know what any of them were doing when they sent the texts. They could very well have been in the bathroom, or changing posts. Who knows. Pretty sure no one is loosing their job over something like this however. 

Quoting Sisteract:

Your friend posted this on her FB page?

Your friend is clearly not the sharpest tool in the shed-

Hope her DH is not soon unemployed-

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM
2 moms liked this

I wonder how many people criticizing the cops for texting while at the funeral post on CM from work or when the should be playing with their kids at home.

DestinyHLewis
by Destiny on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:48 AM

That wouldn't do you any good. I'd be happy to tell you where I live. Again. This isn't my husband and the girl who's husband this is lives nowhere near me. 

Quoting LauraKW:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:49 AM
It's a start. What city?

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

That wouldn't do you any good. I'd be happy to tell you where I live. Again. This isn't my husband and the girl who's husband this is lives nowhere near me. 

Quoting LauraKW:

JMmama
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM
I agree with you, AtoZ. My stepmom's stepmom is essentially a trophy wife. Super nice lady but pretty stereotypical, younger than my stepmom (so her dad married someone younger than his daughter), teeny tiny, breast implants, super bleached hair, tons of makeup. When my dad died she came to the funeral pretty much dressed like a stripper. She was in black so I'll give her that but she looked like a stripper. My grandmother said, "If she wears that to a funeral what in the world does she wear to go out".

At any rate, my point is as the family we found the whole thing hilarious. Seriously hilarious. However, had there been law enforcement at the funeral (there wasn't) and they were texting to each other about her attire I would have found it inappropriate.

Quoting FromAtoZ:

Quoting DestinyHLewis:

I think I probably found it funnier because of my bf with her flat butt she hates. I immediately thought of her the second I saw it and all of the convos we have had about her wanting some junk in her non existant trunk. I guess it would offend the family if they saw it, but I very seriously doubt that would ever happen. On the other hand who goes dressed like that into a church and to a funeral??? I mean seriously. You can't put away the club clothes for one day? 

I didn't mention the way he died for any other reason other than to make it clear he wasn't gunned down by an opposing gang and that the tensions were not as high as they might be had that been the case. 

Quoting FromAtoZ:

I am not really finding the humor.  It doesn't offend me but I'm sure what these police officers were doing would offend the family of the individual in that casket.

Regardless of how the person met their death.

I can see why you found humor in it.  

I can't imagine dressing in such a manner at all, much less to a funeral. 

People do what they do and I will say, I agree with a previous comment you made in that most of us have made such comments to others.

I just think that this isn't as funny as it may have been otherwise, considering the Police are there to keep the peace during this service and they are texting, talking about others who they are supposed to serve and protect.

Just a matter of opinion, that's all. I certainly would not run to the media with this but nor do I think it is cool, under the circumstances.

Momniscient
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Jesus.

We're supposed to take advice from you on how to be good Americans?

Christ.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN