Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

CNN Breaking News: NORTH KOREA Declares 1953 Armistice Invalid !!!

Posted by   + Show Post
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 7:01 AM
Replies (21-30):
stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:16 PM

And?

One of two things are going to happen or perhaps both, more talk and threats or they will fire.

The talk really doesn't matter.

finnbar
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:23 PM
I can't figure out what they hope to gain from a war with a country so far away from them

Quoting OHgirlinCA:

North Korea really wants to go to war...

***shakes head***

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:25 PM

They are going to keep on going until they piss China off. You do not piss off China. N. Korea will keep going until they wake the giant they think is their friend, and be destroyed in a few seconds. They are like a Chiuaua nipping at the heels of a Great Dane... sooner or later the Great Dane will get pissed and the Chiuaua will be gone in one big snap.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:28 PM
China needs to smack Un's nose with a newspaper.

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

They are going to keep on going until they piss China off. You do not piss off China. N. Korea will keep going until they wake the giant they think is their friend, and be destroyed in a few seconds. They are like a Chiuaua nipping at the heels of a Great Dane... sooner or later the Great Dane will get pissed and the Chiuaua will be gone in one big snap.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheLadyAmalthea
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM

China used to back them, but even they are growing tired of N. Korea's crap. Like I said before, N. Korea will keep going until they piss off China, and they will regret it when they do.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I don't fear the North Koreans in any way, shape, or form, UNLESS the Chinese are backing them and using them to further their own agenda.

finnbar
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM
You know, this is a good point. The Chinese are interested in making money. Destroying America does not appear to figure in their plans, at least not turning it into a nuclear wasteland.

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

China used to back them, but even they are growing tired of N. Korea's crap. Like I said before, N. Korea will keep going until they piss off China, and they will regret it when they do.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I don't fear the North Koreans in any way, shape, or form, UNLESS the Chinese are backing them and using them to further their own agenda.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I almost feel like they declare war on someone every couple of years and do these things to get in the news...

Wife to an amazing, loving, and respectful man. Mommy to a handsome man who gets his kicks from making others smile, and a beautiful little girl with an old soul and nurturing spirit. Expecting in May.

stormcris
by Christy on Mar. 11, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Not really

Despite their long alliance, experts say Beijing does not control Pyongyang. "In general, Americans tend to overestimate the influence China has over North Korea," says Daniel Pinkston, a Northeast Asia expert at the International Crisis Group. In March 2010, China refused to take a stance against North Korea, despite conclusive evidence that showed Pyongyang sank a South Korean naval vessel. But in meetings with then leader Kim Jong-Il following the incident, then Chinese President Hu Jintao asked the North Korean leader to refrain from future provocations, says John S. Park, director of the Korea Working Group at the U.S. Institute of Peace. Hu also reportedly insisted on long overdue market reforms, notes Aidan Foster-Carter, a Korea expert at Leeds University.

At the same time, China has too much at stake in North Korea to halt or withdraw its support entirely. "The idea that the Chinese would turn their backs on the North Koreans is clearly wrong," says CFR Senior Fellow Adam Segal. Beijing only agreed to UN Resolution 1718 after revisions removed requirements for tough economic sanctions beyond those targeting luxury goods, and China's trade with North Korea has steadily increased in recent years. Bilateral trade between China and North Korea reached nearly $6 billion in 2011, according to official Chinese data. Park writes that much of China's economic interactions with North Korea are not actually prohibited by the current UN sanctions regime, as Beijing characterizes them as economic development and humanitarian activities. China's enforcement of the UN sanctions is also unclear, says a January 2010 report (PDF) from the U.S. Congressional Research Service, which notes that Chinese exports of banned luxury goods averaged around $11 million per month in 2009.

http://www.cfr.org/china/china-north-korea-relationship/p11097

Quoting TheLadyAmalthea:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

witch_e_woman
by Bronze Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM

He's a little dweeb just trying to impress his constituents all while throwing a cry baby tantrum...pitiful.

GotSomeKids
by Silver Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Big joint training exercise.  They do this every time we have one in Korea.  Par for the course.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN