Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bio Dad has been MIA for a year and lied to the court..TPR in affect!!!

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

Court was today and the bio mom didn't show up for the second time. Bio Dad did but last month they was served with A termination of parental rights petition on both of our foster children. Today the bio dad shows up and says he never said he didn't want the children because he couldn't handle them. He has a set of twins and another son, so he has three children already and he's only 27 yrs old. Now he came to court with lies, first that he didn't receive the TPR petition, second that he never said he couldn't handle the children, when its on record and in black & white. Now the case worker called me to say " he'll surrender his right as long as we meet with him so the boys can see the twins. Now he does know we don't want to have anything to do with him, because we did have previous dealing with him and he's danger. A big Liar!!! We just want to keep these kids as far away from him as possible. These kids are special needs and they need a therapeutic surrounding, not one with continuous dysfunction !!! We've had the kids going on 3-1/2 yrs now, enough is enough!!! This man also had the nerve to shout out in court that he doesn't know if he's the father of these children as well. But he was scheming with the mother at one time, so he sign some paper saying he's the father, when he got released from jail. This case is truly a mess. We are suppose to be moving on to TPR, now I'm wondering if this is a hold up. He don't really want these children, but he wants the twins, so he's trying to look good in the courts eyes. He's attorney told him he needs to surrender these children, but he's the type that won't listen to anyone for his own good.  He thinks he can get over, I'm just hoping that the courts had enough of his games and lies. It's been to long. Anyone have any advice that can help me get a better understanding of what's going on here.  I will truly appreciate it. 

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Okay.

Best of luck...................... *shrug*

katy_kay08
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:35 PM
1 mom liked this

I admit I don't read things that don't have paragraph breaks.  But here is a bump.  

Lizard_Lina
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Bump for someone who can help you
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AjsMom0508
by Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:37 PM
I'm not sure I quite understand what is going on....
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Ms.KitKat
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Your Op would be better off in the adoptive parents forum. many of those moms have been there-done that.

But- just because the first dad is an asshole does not mean he does not have parental /legal rights to his own children.

Just sayin'

GOBryan
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Doesn't sound as if he really wants to relinquish his rights, who knows. I would tell the Social Worker that these children need stability and that you feel anymore visits with the father or siblings under the father's care are not in the best interest of the kids. 

Are you planning on adopting these kids? 

mslizzygirl
by New Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I'm sorry if this isn't clear let me try again. This BIo dad or maybe bio dad because he's not sure, he never took a paternity test.  This man went to court last May 2012 and withdrew his petition for these children, saying he couldn't handle all these kids by himself. He hasn't seen the children since March 2012. It's been a whole year, I do know that's considered abandonment! 

Now we have tired in the past before he gave up, to deal with him, but it's hard!! He's dangerous, a trouble maker and a big liar!!! We wouldn't trust just having to deal with him on our own, it's not safe. 

Reason he doesn't want to relinquish the kids, is because he wants to look good in the courts eyes. He wants full custody of his twins, so he doesn't want it to seem like he give up on these kids, but he did give up on them along time ago. 

He's unreliable, inconsistent, dysfuntional and tells too many stories!!! These kids are special needs, so by no means can he handle them, he has a lot of issues himself.  One big thing that bothers me is he's always lying in court to make himself look good. He did admit though that he doesn't know if these kids are his anyway. He already know one child isn't his. He really doesn't want the children, he just doesn't want to look bad, cause he wants sole custody of the twins, that's all he wants in a nutshell.  He has the twins, so that really all he cares about. I'm just hoping that the Judge is tired of the lies and games, that he and bio mom has played with the courts and move on with TPR!

katy_kay08
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I hope it works out in the best interest of the kiddos.  I can't imagine the struggle involved with trying to adopt out of the foster system.   It would seem there would be a lot potential for heartbreak with a system whose focus is to keep families together whenever possible.  

Quoting mslizzygirl:

I'm sorry if this isn't clear let me try again. This BIo dad or maybe bio dad because he's not sure, he never took a paternity test.  This man went to court last May 2012 and withdrew his petition for these children, saying he couldn't handle all these kids by himself. He hasn't seen the children since March 2012. It's been a whole year, I do know that's considered abandonment! 

Now we have tired in the past before he gave up, to deal with him, but it's hard!! He's dangerous, a trouble maker and a big liar!!! We wouldn't trust just having to deal with him on our own, it's not safe. 

Reason he doesn't want to relinquish the kids, is because he wants to look good in the courts eyes. He wants full custody of his twins, so he doesn't want it to seem like he give up on these kids, but he did give up on them along time ago. 

He's unreliable, inconsistent, dysfuntional and tells too many stories!!! These kids are special needs, so by no means can he handle them, he has a lot of issues himself.  One big thing that bothers me is he's always lying in court to make himself look good. He did admit though that he doesn't know if these kids are his anyway. He already know one child isn't his. He really doesn't want the children, he just doesn't want to look bad, cause he wants sole custody of the twins, that's all he wants in a nutshell.  He has the twins, so that really all he cares about. I'm just hoping that the Judge is tired of the lies and games, that he and bio mom has played with the courts and move on with TPR!

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I have no advice, those poor babies, good luck on this I hope the court sees through all the BS

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured