Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

People really do die from food allergies.

Posted by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 352 Replies
4 moms liked this

It is astonishing that some people do not take these allergies seriously.  Some mothers here have even said they were angry that they were not allowed to send peanut butter and jelly sandwiches to school with their children because making something else was a hassle.  This is an excerpt from an obituary from my town:

(name erased for privacy) age 19, died unexpectedly on March 8, 2013 as a result of a peanut allergy. He was the loving son of (names erased for privacy). Born in Plymouth, MA on January 5, 1994

by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
futureshock
by Ruby Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM

bump

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:25 PM
3 moms liked this

I knew that and yeah, it pisses me off when parents complain about protecting other children.

I have seen a little girl die from her peanut allergy.. it was not pleasant and I wish to never see it again. I wouldn't wish that torture on anyone and to know that mother's are willing to cause a child pain because their own kids can't live without their PB & J, it makes me think that some should not be parents

lga1965
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this

I know! I have been shocked by the selfish attitude that has shown up here at CM so often. Allergies are deadly serious.

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:27 PM
3 moms liked this

Some kids literally cannot eat anything but peanut butter sandwiches because of their issues.   Is that parent selfish?

Euphoric
by Bazinga! on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I agree.

Kitschy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:29 PM
I just found out today that my son has a peanut allergy. :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lga1965
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Quoting talia-mom:

Some kids literally cannot eat anything but peanut butter sandwiches because of their issues.   Is that parent selfish?

Excuse me? You need to explain that. eye rolling

Kitschy
by on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM
4 moms liked this
Children don't starve with food in front of them and no one dies if they don't eat their lunch, regardless of their issues.

Quoting talia-mom:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting talia-mom:

that I find hard to believe. 

talia-mom
by Gold Member on Mar. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM
2 moms liked this

So it is okay to tell one kid they can't have lunch, but it isn't okay to tell the peanut allergic kid to homeschool.

Such caring attitudes.

Quoting Kitschy:

Children don't starve with food in front of them and no one dies if they don't eat their lunch, regardless of their issues.

Quoting talia-mom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)