Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

11 year old boy rapes 6 year old sister, mother tells 6 year old not to tell anyone

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 38 Replies
1 mom liked this

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2292275/Boy-11-mother-arrested-raped-6-year-old-sister-mother-failed-report-alleged-assault.html

An 11-year-old Oklahoma boy and his mother have been arrested after the boy allegedly raped his 6-year-old sister and the mother failed to report the incident, according to authorities.

The girl told a Department of Human Services worker that she was assaulted by her brother and a cousin last Wednesday in her bedroom, the Oklahoman reported. She said her mother told her not to tell anyone what happened.

When the DHS worker confronted the mother, she admitted that she did not take the girl to the hospital or report the incident, while the brother and cousin accused each other of raping the girl.

The DHS worker then went to police, who visited the victim's home around 4:20 p.m. and took the mother and son into custody.

An older sister told police that she found out about the incident on Thursday and told her mother, who said she knew about it.

The mother was arrested on a complaint of failing to report child abuse while the boy was arrested on a rape complaint.

Police are not releasing the names of the suspects to protect the victim's identity.

The 6-year-old girl was taken to hospital and placed in protective custody.

I seriously hope this mother spends a very, very long time in prison and NEVER get either of her children back. 

As for the rapist, I don't even know what to say.

by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fireangel5
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:38 PM

What a totally fucked up situation. I'm at a loss. 

Maddies_Mommy10
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:42 PM

OMG

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:46 PM
3 moms liked this

I cannot even imagine! The child should have been taken to the hospital but I cannot imagine having to turn my other child over to the police.

I imagine the mother was trying to protect her son, but she failed her daughter in the process.

Cubanmom84
by Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM
1 mom liked this
The question is, how far are you willing to go to protect your child? Would you risk the well being of your other kids?
Hell no! Obviously this boy and his cousin have seen this behavior before, somewhere and they thought it was alright. No concept of trauma to the little girl or what incest is, so there is misinformation there also.
This kids need help, and now so does a poor 6 year old girl that for the rest of her life is going to have self esteem, self doubt, sexual disconnection, trust issues and she will most like never have a normal intimate relationship, unless she gets help, and soon.
The mother, needs to go to jail and talk to someone, seriously , her priorities are all messed up, and most likely she herself has suffered some kind of abuse herself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Well if the cousin and brother were accusing each other maybe the mom really believed it was the cousin. Obviously, either way the girl should have been cared for. I imagine the mom was a deer in the headlights kind of thing. Deny it happeneda nd hopefully it'll just go away. It's not really an excuse but it's almost understandable that she would have had that reaction.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:54 PM

What a terrible situation : (

mamavalor
by on Mar. 12, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Proud of the little sis spoking up for herself or else the creeps would have continued the rapes...for years...and the mother not doing a DAMN thing.

pamelax3
by Gold Member on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:16 PM

huh?? how do you not protect your child, even if it is from one of your other children

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

There are no words.....................

NWP
by guerrilla girl on Mar. 12, 2013 at 5:44 PM
7 moms liked this

*enters room with hand over eyes, not reading anything, only to shout* Man! I wish folks would stop posting this stuff...I don't even like to read the titles of them! *now slams door loudly upon exiting*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN