Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

I steal and Bully t-shirts not allowed at school.

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM
  • 44 Replies

Agree with mom or the school?
Quote:

Video Player Controls

• Pause
  • Mute
  • Volume Down
  • Volume Up
  • Seek Back 5 seconds
  • Seek Forward 5 seconds
  • Next Video
  • Open Info
  • Open Hotkey Menu

by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:12 PM
2 moms liked this

The mom's a bitch.

If she's trying to ensure that no one --not her son and certainly not his future spouse or children-- ever send her a Christmas card, I can't imagine a better way to go about it.

KreatingMe
by Silver Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:14 PM

It's sad that she's really trying to parent and that's all she can come up with? Why not take away their tv or video games? But then parents would have to listen to the complaining and actually spend time with their kids. At best, humiliation only works as a deterrent in the short term. 

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM

She's probably taken away 100% of his stuff, privileges and friends and can't figure out why she an angrier, meaner kid than before she started.

Some people will simply not believe the evidence of their own experience.

Quoting KreatingMe:

It's sad that she's really trying to parent and that's all she can come up with? Why not take away their tv or video games? But then parents would have to listen to the complaining and actually spend time with their kids. At best, humiliation only works as a deterrent in the short term. 

godsgirl26
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I would never do that to my kid. But parents also punish different than i do.

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:20 PM
2 moms liked this

I am siding with the school.

Let her humiliate at home or where ever she is actually with her children. You cannot expect the school to go along with a punishment that she does at hone. 

Though, the mother's comment... at the end, she said something about foster care.. is she threatening to ship her kids off?

LindaClement
by Thatwoman on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:25 PM

I don't think it would be possible for that to make them feel any more unwanted than they do right now... might be an improvement.

Quoting Sekirei:

Let her humiliate at home or where ever she is actually with her children. You cannot expect the school to go along with a punishment that she does at hone. 

Though, the mother's comment... at the end, she said something about foster care.. is she threatening to ship her kids off?

Sekirei
by Nari Trickster on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

True.. I'll take them :3

Quoting LindaClement:

I don't think it would be possible for that to make them feel any more unwanted than they do right now... might be an improvement.

Quoting Sekirei:

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with the school.

She is so far off the mark and these kids are still quite young.  She should think more about getting to the root of the issues that cause their behavior. 

I am curious as to if these kiddos have ever gotten in trouble with the school, and if so, how the school reacted to it.  

FromAtoZ
by AllieCat on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Also, her going to the media and putting this out there, putting these children out there like this.................yeah, she wins  the 'Parent of the Year Award'.

Where the hell is dad in all of this?

momtoscott
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM

The school is right.  If I was the mom of her stepdaughter, I would be livid. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN