Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Do you get attached to stuff?

Do you easily purge things?

Are there particular things you get attached to while others are easy to discard?

How do you feel about your stuff?

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Replies (41-42):
stacymomof2
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I have no problem throwing stuff out.  We already have a ton of stuff and I hate accumulating.  I love getting rid of things, but it's often that I lack the time to do a good job.  I am finally training myself to make an immediate decision on something while I have it in my hand.  Like a single worn out sock...instead of waiting to find it's mate in a laundry basket, I just chuck it out.  Or kid's toys, whatever.  It's tough to find a 2-3 hour block of time to go through the kid's bedroom all at once.

I think stuff can drag you down.  I dislike clutter. 

Veni.Vidi.Vici.
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I don't save enough stuff. I only save our children's first b-day cards. I toss everything else. I don't save magazines. I get rid of clothes frequently, especially kids clothes. I donate them or pass them down to family. I'm not a knick knack kind of person, I actually detest knick knacks. We get rid of stuff. I am very sentimental about hand made items, especially those handed down from family members. The only thingI have that is of little to no value is a 5 gallon Gott metal water cooler. A lot of memories of camping, ball games and family events attached to it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN